KVR IRC?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello all...

Just a thought. Do we have an official-ish KVR irc channel somewhere? Or some other similar chatroom? If not, would there be any interest in having one?

-n :phones:

Not that i would know of one. I would be interested, and judged by the bitwig channel, i guess many others too.

count me in
It doesn't matter how it sounds..
..as long as it has BASS and it's LOUD!

irc.libera.chat >>> #kvr

I'd love to be able to chat with folks from KVR from time to time live in a chat room setting, but I also realize it is important not to draw people away from the forums. Maybe the site could have an additional tab that would contain a web-based IRC interface?

that would be cool for sure.

no.. IRC doesn't draw people out of forums... why would it
and i hate web-based IRC clients

i'm on 2 irc networks in a number of channels, all the time, and on a bunch of forums.. it's all okay (or i don't have a real life, depends how you view it)

irc.libera.chat >>> #kvr

People have mentioned a KVR chatroom-not sure where it is. If the actual KVR hosted it, it might eat bandwidth?
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

I'd definitely like to know if there is already an existing one somewhere.

I don't see KVR having to actually host it... there are plenty of irc networks out there. =] It would be worth having a link to it somewhere on the site, though.

I've seen other forums be concerned with losing visitors/business because of chatrooms.. hence my questions about it. I'd be happy to make a channel for us, but would definitely prefer to have the blessing of a KVR staff member.

There used to be one years ago.. not sure if it is still up.. but, wow, IRC. Talk about a legacy platform! hehe

Yeah it's certainly been around forever. I'm not sure what would be a better alternative for live chat tho? IRC is old, but pretty powerful.

please, no fancy crazy new sh*t
good old IRC FTW!

IRC is good for talking normal things, blahblah, and mostly about getting quick response and conversations without flooding the forums with posts

so forums and irc complement each other IMO

irc.libera.chat >>> #kvr

Would anyone be opposed to a channel on freenode?

Naenyn wrote:Would anyone be opposed to a channel on freenode?
I wonder if KVR fits into the target group of freenode.

paterpeter wrote:
Naenyn wrote:Would anyone be opposed to a channel on freenode?
I wonder if KVR fits into the target group of freenode.
Yeah, it kinda doesn't... but I couldn't think of one that it did fit in. That and I <3 Freenode. =] Any suggestions for alternatives?

+1 on freenode

irc.libera.chat >>> #kvr

Return to “Site Stuff”