KVR Mobile / Wide / Responsive Design (+General) - Issue Tracker

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Mushy Mushy
KVRAF
12979 posts since 7 Sep, 2008

Post Wed May 28, 2014 11:45 pm

Harry, I do agree with you in part but I genuinely think it is better now.

It was a 9 at the time before it went blue, then has been hovering around the 6 - 6.5. Now though, I think Ben has it up to a 9.5.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

User avatar
CableChannel
KVRAF
1676 posts since 15 Mar, 2013 from Germany

Re: KVR Mobile / Wide / Responsive Design (+General) - Issue Tracker

Post Thu May 29, 2014 12:24 am

Better! Simpler and slimer design now. Also, site is more responsive on mobile devices! Good development! Thanks!

User avatar
Harry_HH
KVRAF
3875 posts since 4 Aug, 2006 from Helsinki

Re: KVR Mobile / Wide / Responsive Design (+General) - Issue Tracker

Post Thu May 29, 2014 1:42 am

Mushy Mushy wrote:Harry, I do agree with you in part but I genuinely think it is better now.

It was a 9 at the time before it went blue, then has been hovering around the 6 - 6.5. Now though, I think Ben has it up to a 9.5.
Yeah, OK - but at some stage one must just say, now its there, lets wait for at least a couple of months and collect experience before the next possible change. H.

Mushy Mushy
KVRAF
12979 posts since 7 Sep, 2008

Re: KVR Mobile / Wide / Responsive Design (+General) - Issue Tracker

Post Thu May 29, 2014 1:47 am

Harry_HH wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:Harry, I do agree with you in part but I genuinely think it is better now.

It was a 9 at the time before it went blue, then has been hovering around the 6 - 6.5. Now though, I think Ben has it up to a 9.5.
Yeah, OK - but at some stage one must just say, now its there, lets wait for at least a couple of months and collect experience before the next possible change. H.
Can't argue with that 8)
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

User avatar
Jace-BeOS
KVRAF
5228 posts since 7 Jan, 2005 from Corporate States of America

Re: KVR Mobile / Wide / Responsive Design (+General) - Issue Tracker

Post Thu May 29, 2014 12:55 pm

Thanks for making the quote and such buttons constant (non-rollover) :cool:
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

User avatar
Jace-BeOS
KVRAF
5228 posts since 7 Jan, 2005 from Corporate States of America

Re: KVR Mobile / Wide / Responsive Design (+General) - Issue Tracker

Post Fri May 30, 2014 11:58 am

(EDITED)
The poll banner ">>How do you use drum plug-ins?<<" is hovering over top all page content. It's blocking the tops of the lists in "What's new" (for example, overlapping the content and the link to recent posts page).

Edit 2: it also sits above my user menu too.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

User avatar
Jace-BeOS
KVRAF
5228 posts since 7 Jan, 2005 from Corporate States of America

Re: KVR Mobile / Wide / Responsive Design (+General) - Issue Tracker

Post Fri May 30, 2014 12:09 pm

"My forum topics" is pulling up only content that aren't my threads. "My posts" works as expected, but "my topics" certainly aren't my threads.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

chk071
KVRAF
22432 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Re: KVR Mobile / Wide / Responsive Design (+General) - Issue Tracker

Post Fri May 30, 2014 12:36 pm

Jace-BeOS wrote:Thanks for making the quote and such buttons constant (non-rollover) :cool:
To be honest, the new quote button is kind of meaningless though. At first, i thought the quote button was gone completely, then i realized the "" thing is actually it. Same with the edit button. I liked the rollover stuff more.

User avatar
Jace-BeOS
KVRAF
5228 posts since 7 Jan, 2005 from Corporate States of America

Re: KVR Mobile / Wide / Responsive Design (+General) - Issue Tracker

Post Fri May 30, 2014 3:59 pm

They're quotation marks. How is that meaningless?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

chk071
KVRAF
22432 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Re: KVR Mobile / Wide / Responsive Design (+General) - Issue Tracker

Post Fri May 30, 2014 4:27 pm

Maybe not meaningless, but the word quote says a lot more than the quotation marks. Same as Edit says a lot more than a picture of a sheet of paper with a pen on it. Anyway, i can live with the way it is now of course, but it was much better before IMO.

User avatar
morelia
KVRAF
4562 posts since 16 May, 2002 from Brisbane , Australia

Re: KVR Mobile / Wide / Responsive Design (+General) - Issue Tracker

Post Sat May 31, 2014 2:24 am

Mushy Mushy wrote:
morelia wrote:Still have no access to latest posts link (iPhone 4s). Slightly better in landscape orientation but still off the page.
It's there. The little yellow envelope.

It's next to all the seemingly mandatory social media bollox.
Great! Thanks for that.
My Music >>> °morelia ° Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

Funkybot's Evil Twin
KVRAF
6773 posts since 16 Aug, 2006

Re: KVR Mobile / Wide / Responsive Design (+General) - Issue Tracker

Post Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:57 am

The forums look much better on my 23" desktop monitor. Much better experience. However, the home page isn't as wide. It would be nice to see the home page extend out as wide as the forums, so the news items get formatted larger.

Right now, there's a lot of information in a small amount of real estate on the home screen. For instance, the Featured Deal/Product/Recently Added Product/Featured Video section gets as much attention as the news. This shouldn't be the case IMO. Honestly, as a user, if I could make that whole column disappear entirely, I would.

SWTrex
KVRian
1410 posts since 19 Mar, 2004

Re: KVR Mobile / Wide / Responsive Design (+General) - Issue Tracker

Post Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:05 am

I absolutely hate the new Latest Posts view.

1) There is no direct link to the subforum to which a displayed post is from. (As far as I can tell, I have to hit the "Forum" link above to get to it)

2) The first post date and original poster is no longer shown. I don't know if I am looking at a post from a recently-created thread, or a post from an old resurrected thread.

3) Having a whole line highlight with a mouse-over, and having the whole line a hyper-link is VERY annoying. (If I wanted to select text for copy, how would I do that?)

An another thing: under the "More" dropdown, when I select "MyPosts", I used to get a view of thread titles, highlighted if there were new posts. Now I get the actual post I made, and I have to click again to go into the thread to see if there are any responses.

I see nothing good with this new format. Someone please tell there's an option in my profile to go back to the way it was :pray:

SWTrex
"Sometimes I think of Abraham...
How one star he saw had been lit for me"

User avatar
aMUSEd
KVRAF
31119 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Re: KVR Mobile / Wide / Responsive Design (+General) - Issue Tracker

Post Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:19 am

SWTrex wrote:I absolutely hate the new Latest Posts view.

1) There is no direct link to the subforum to which a displayed post is from. (As far as I can tell, I have to hit the "Forum" link above to get to it)

2) The first post date and original poster is no longer shown. I don't know if I am looking at a post from a recently-created thread, or a post from an old resurrected thread.

3) Having a whole line highlight with a mouse-over, and having the whole line a hyper-link is VERY annoying. (If I wanted to select text for copy, how would I do that?)

An another thing: under the "More" dropdown, when I select "MyPosts", I used to get a view of thread titles, highlighted if there were new posts. Now I get the actual post I made, and I have to click again to go into the thread to see if there are any responses.

I see nothing good with this new format. Someone please tell there's an option in my profile to go back to the way it was :pray:

SWTrex
Yeah me too - need to bring back the ability to navigate to the subforum and also to see who posted last is crucial

Kriminal
Banned
18682 posts since 2 Oct, 2001 from England

Re: KVR Mobile / Wide / Responsive Design (+General) - Issue Tracker

Post Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:31 am

+1

Return to “Site Stuff”