Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos) Organisation

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
User avatar
Fleer
KVRAF
4487 posts since 23 Aug, 2014 from Boston/Cambridge

Post Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:02 am

Something IS askew in KVR country, it seems. The thing I find the most interesting is that when you click to see your posted message, the webpage jumps down and you accidentally hit one of the "Promoted" boxes higher up. I've seen this at other forums too, like VI Control. That way maybe half of all "Promoted" hits are made by accident.

User avatar
mladi
KVRian
567 posts since 14 Apr, 2016 from Germany

Re: Market Place Organisation

Post Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:55 am

Fleer wrote:Something IS askew in KVR country, it seems. The thing I find the most interesting is that when you click to see your posted message, the webpage jumps down and you accidentally hit one of the "Promoted" boxes higher up. I've seen this at other forums too, like VI Control. That way maybe half of all "Promoted" hits are made by accident.
Yes, i recognized that too. I now wait 1-2 seconds longer till the whole site is loaded. A bit annoying.. :neutral:
Image
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K|ADAM Audio Artist 5|Focusrite Scarlett 18i20|Native Instruments Kontrol S61 MK2|Steinberg Cubase 10 Pro

starflakeprj
KVRian
1149 posts since 28 Feb, 2015

Re: Market Place Organisation

Post Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:17 pm

VitaminD wrote:48 hours is way too excessive for bumps

Please consider 24 hours per bump.

Otherwise, you are likely to see teams of people bumping other people's stuff because 48 hours means you're item is 2 or 3 pages back.
If we have 24 hour bump, your post will end up 2 or 3 pages back anyway, as people will start bumping 100 % more often.
Intel Core i7-4930K @ 4.1GHz | 64GB DDR3 | Windows 10 Pro | Arturia AudioFuse | Arturia KeyLab mkII | Studio One 4.5 | Reason 10.4 | Bitwig Studio 3.00 | Reaper 5.978 | Renoise 3.1 | FL Studio 20.5 | 500+ VSTs | 200+ REs

MogwaiBoy
KVRAF
3105 posts since 26 Nov, 2015 from Way Downunder

Re: Market Place Organisation

Post Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:52 pm

mladi wrote:
Fleer wrote:Something IS askew in KVR country, it seems. The thing I find the most interesting is that when you click to see your posted message, the webpage jumps down and you accidentally hit one of the "Promoted" boxes higher up. I've seen this at other forums too, like VI Control. That way maybe half of all "Promoted" hits are made by accident.
Yes, i recognized that too. I now wait 1-2 seconds longer till the whole site is loaded. A bit annoying.. :neutral:
I've noticed this with a bunch of websites too - it's very annoying.

Pretty sure you can set most browsers to display an empty container image whilst the images load, but that makes things kinda ugly.

classic
KVRAF
1742 posts since 26 Jul, 2004

Re: Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos) Organisation

Post Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:40 pm

Dont know if already mentioned but to have offers for sale and the "Looking for..." as two forum parts would make things more easy.

stopthenwonow
KVRer
10 posts since 14 Mar, 2011

Re: Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos) Organisation

Post Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:26 am

hi
I love this website and forum,this is my number one stop for plugin/recording news,deals,ect.It has always been the first place I go.
I like many musicians have plugins I don't use or need,selling them doesn't seem to work well ,I did however find two Facebook groups specifically for trading/swapping plugins and sample libraries*(no selling in one group)(and Obviously no pirated software in either)

I feel like trying to recoup the money we have all spent on plugins is semi-futile-I'm sure people have luck on here I guess,but trading people is a great way to get new tools without buying something.And the other person gets rid of something they don't need and they get new tools also.
Do people trade plugins in this forum or is it mostly selling plugins?
And if there isn't a sub-forum for trading,could there be one?
Thanks for your time!

omac
KVRist
166 posts since 13 Jul, 2009

Re: Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos) Organisation

Post Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:14 am

Unfortunately trading usually doesn't work out because of the license transfer fees. There are more companies with upfront transfer fees and hidden (only can transfer licenses if your update plan is current (Waves?) than those who haven't any. It's kind of hard to transfer when you have to pay a company $20, $40, $50, etc. in addition to your trade. It's not legal to just trade without a license transfer. That just shows up as unauthorized use and might get a license voided. If it weren't that way I'd trade.

GearNostalgia
KVRist
297 posts since 28 Dec, 2017

Re: Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos) Organisation

Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:39 pm

omac wrote:Unfortunately trading usually doesn't work out because of the license transfer fees. There are more companies with upfront transfer fees and hidden (only can transfer licenses if your update plan is current (Waves?) than those who haven't any. It's kind of hard to transfer when you have to pay a company $20, $40, $50, etc. in addition to your trade. It's not legal to just trade without a license transfer. That just shows up as unauthorized use and might get a license voided. If it weren't that way I'd trade.
True. I just got into the "game" and discovered that many brands don't allow you to sell/trade your license at all. It is just sad. That's why I started to compare a list of terms to buy from the those with better terms.

Return to “Site Stuff”