Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos) Organisation

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't really see the need for lots of sub forums. One sub forum for everything commercial and the main MP for 2nd hand adds would suffice imo.

+1 on only two sub forums (second hand, commercial)
+1 on banning paypal gift, it's just plain annoying.
-1 on shipping fee regulations, too complicated, but guidelines/best practices would be ok.

I don't think it's a good idea to combine all commercial releases in a single MP sub-forum, that would be chaos mixing up Synths/Sampler-plugs, FX plugs, hardware synths/FX and soundware.

Well, if the commercial market place forum should contain all commercial offerings/release notes that are now scattered across the effects/instruments/sound ware/whatever forums, I agree. But then vendors absolutely have to refrain from those forums from then on!
Still prefer one subforum for second hand sales.

fese wrote:Well, if the commercial market place forum should contain all commercial offerings/release notes that are now scattered across the effects/instruments/sound ware/whatever forums, I agree. But then vendors absolutely have to refrain from those forums from then on!
Still prefer one subforum for second hand sales.
But that seems to be Ben's plan, unless I have totally misunderstood something. No more commercial announcements in the Instruments/FX/Sample-forums, these will be made in new forums yet to establish, and as we don't have a dedicated soundware forum so far, I think it would be good to have one.

Well, I wouldn't mind having sub forums inside a commercial sub forum, but I wouldn't want all commercial subforums in the main MP. Together with all the stickies there would be little room left on page one. I do think if you decide to have lots of sub forums in a commercial sub forum you will get less exposure then if you just have one commercial subforum for everything

VitaminD wrote:I would also like to see mandatory country of the seller included in the offered items. Shipping, tax, and foreign currency conversions add in cost. Would be further welcome if we could filter based on origin country.
Interesting point, however recognising the transaction costs are an issue people do post in USD from europe and so on, also some offer multiple currency prices.

i had not picked up local currency deals to be less or more cost than overseas for used software items. don't most members people knowing the mktplace is global price accordingly?

does tax hit s/h software?
Mplay wrote:I don't really see the need for lots of sub forums. One sub forum for everything commercial and the main MP for 2nd hand adds would suffice imo.
i like browsing, for a quick break from whatever , often buying items only after casually checking ads i happen on, things i long since forgot reading about on release or items that didn't hit on my radar but which grab my imagination .

there are some items i specifically look out for, but the organisation of ads is less criical than luck looking at the forum at the right time as they seem hot , getting snapped up quick . i doubt splitting fx/vsti would make a difference .

So a wide variety of ads in a simple single s/h thread suits my shopping habit fine. anymore is over-complicating things. were there any requests for a s/h forum and commercial forum (or whatever highest levels are) before the reorganization ? btw the new features /appearance is a massive improvement -thx to the instigator of the change.

Mplay wrote:Well, I wouldn't mind having sub forums inside a commercial sub forum, but I wouldn't want all commercial subforums in the main MP. Together with all the stickies there would be little room left on page one. ...
If there is a sub-forum for second hand, this shouldn't be a problem imo. The main forum could be locked and only contain stickies with market place rules.
sampleconstruct wrote:But that seems to be Ben's plan, unless I have totally misunderstood something. No more commercial announcements in the Instruments/FX/Sample-forums, these will be made in new forums yet to establish, and as we don't have a dedicated soundware forum so far, I think it would be good to have one.
Agreed!

Regarding currency: i didn't perceive that as a problem so far, usually people offer in $,€ or £, there are sufficient currency converters on the web and I can pay with all currency with paypal, no?

Who will do all the forum police work ? Every thread has to be checked and re-checked to make sure the 48 bump rule has not been violated ? What's to keep people from asking for PayPal gift through PM with a potential buyer ?

Were there a lot of complaints about the current Marketplace ? If it's not broken why bother "fixing" it ? :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I remember from GS, that you can not(!) repost within a specific timespan. This is a setting of the subsection of this board.

So if you setup rules for this subsection (if possible, like: post date and specific key words), then there is no need for a moderator. Same with deletion of threads. Hence my recommendation for using specific tags in form of dropsdowns prior to posting.

With the right script, for example a "withrawn" tagged thread could live on for the next 48-72 hours for others to "find" and catch prices, maybe even contact the user to change his mind (do private offerings, etc). Then the system automatically truncates these threads. Same with "sold" threads - these could be setup to be automatically closed after 24hours, and deleted after 72hours.

Modern boards have these possibility, so why not use that?
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:I remember from GS, that you can not(!) repost within a specific timespan. This is a setting of the subsection of this board.

So if you setup rules for this subsection (if possible, like: post date and specific key words), then there is no need for a moderator.
Wouldn't that mean the member wouldn't be able to post at all in the marketplace during that time frame ? Or that they would be locked out of their own thread ? Say I post something for sale and it sells an hour later. Will I not be able to edit the tread to let people know it's been sold ?

Again why this desire to fix something that isn't broken? Where are all the complaints about the old system ?

Ben Franklin said "never mistake motion for action" I say never mistake change for progress......... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

It's not my decition what the head-honcho of this board is doing. He brought up the 48hour limit in terms of bumps. Probably due to recent flood (again) of one user posting like 10 different threads, which moved all other stuff away. Add to that the sticked threads, and the fact that we have a new board update... so yeah.

Regarding editing and Deleting a thread, on GS I could both edit and(!) delete my thread at will in the market section. I just couldn't bump it myself within 24 hours.

Regular board usage is of course as you're used to.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Ahhh I see. If the rules have to be changed because one person is abusing the forum then so be it...............

I'm not opposed to progress but change simply for the sake of change makes little sense. Let's see how the new rules work...perhaps they will indeed lead to progress. :shrug:

How will a thread like this be treated ?
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 3&t=403445
It was bumped 5 times yesterday........

The OP is ruled out to bump within 24 hours, but he can still answer to questions, since this is not a "bump" per se. But if he's reposting again just to "bump" within the limit - then he'd get an info "not allowed".

Again, something like that can be set up with modern boards.

And a change of the Market Place does make sense.
Especially considering the flood of "sale" threads from companies, while others simply want to get their private stuff sold.

Also, have you seen how many pinned threads we have by now?

Mplay wrote:I don't really see the need for lots of sub forums.
I absolutely agree. However, I would support three sub-forums in total:

- Market Place: Hardware

- Market Place: Software

- Market Place: Services

This structure should cover everything that's offered or looked for in the MP.

Return to “Site Stuff”