Is there a setting to NOT mark all threads read when I visit the site?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

KVR marks all threads in the entire forum read when I visit any part of the forum. This is different from some other music forums that only mark a thread read when I have actually read it (examples of this include Steinberg's official forums and Gearslutz).

I would find this model vastly preferable for my hit-and-run style of forum browsing. I often visit simply to read a single reply to a thread to which I'm subscribed. When I return later, I have lost context because that quick visit cleared the unread state of every thread on KVR.

I also find the current behavior breaks the Latest Topics feature because I click the 'show latest posts' icon for an interesting thread and it simply returns a message saying there have been no new posts since my last visit. That bums me out. The other forums I mention remember the latest post I actually viewed and take me to the next post no matter how many times I have visited the forum in between.

I looked for a preference to switch behavior but couldn't find one. Maybe this exists? If not I would greatly appreciate the option.

I'm currently finding myself NOT visiting KVR when I have a spare minute because I don't want everything marked as read.

Return to “Site Stuff”