Can We Have the Drop Down Lists Back Please?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Seriously please bring back the drop down lists.......if it ain't broke........... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

+1 It's very annoying when looking at the new forum post list that it suddenly changes before i'm done.
And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Please please I begging here............... :cry:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Ben [KVR] wrote:I'm not planning on bringing them back unless there is some hugely convincing argument for them.

The quick search should do pretty much the same and more - start typing a product name and it should appear.
They were convenient for getting a list of all plugins or hosts though in one place - rather than having to rely on keywords alone (which is unreliable)

Here's the results when starting to type Messiah............

The search function is almost completely unusable (what if we don't remember the plugin name or developer?) and often returns nonsense results. The drop downs were an incredibly useful part of KVR (sometimes even if you didn't remember the name of a plugin just seeing the list helped jog your memory) plus they took up so little space. The "All Plugins" page is obscure and doesn't differentiate between instruments and effects not to mention being a scrolling nightmare so................

Can we PLEASE have the the drop downs back? It it wasn't broke.............. :shrug:

Please bring back the old dropdown.
Or, at least, on the "All Plug-ins On One Page", please allow filtering for "Instruments", "Effects", "Hosts" etc. as before.
As someone else posted earlier, I too used to rely heavily on that section of KVR. (in fact, it was precisely for that reason that I came here now.. just got completely sidetracked! :) )
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

It appears the Web Master rarely visits his own Forum................. :shrug:

It appears the Web Master rarely visits his own Forum
You mean I'm not responding to your every complaint? No I'm not.

I've already answered your question. No, they aren't coming back (although if you enter * as a search term you'll get something similar).
The search function is almost completely unusable (what if we don't remember the plugin name or developer?) and often returns nonsense results.
Messiah is not in the database so it's got no chance of appearing in the search results. It wouldn't appear if there was a full alphabetical list either. The results that it did return all contained "mes" in the product name, then those with "mes" in the developer name (the 8x2 mixer used a HTML entity for the x symbol, that contained the word "times").

Ben [KVR] wrote:You mean I'm not responding to your every complaint? No I'm not.
Unless I insult you into making a comment...........Oh and I've only made 0NE complaint but I'm about to add a second in a few minutes.
Ben [KVR] wrote:I've already answered your question. No, they aren't coming back
Why? What possible advantage could there be to the present system and what possible reason could you have to remove the drop downs in the first place? No one complained about them being there and several people have complained about them being gone. Other than you just being stubborn I see no real reason to keep the "Quick Search".
Ben [KVR] wrote:(although if you enter * as a search term you'll get something similar).
No you don't.
Ben [KVR] wrote:Messiah is not in the database so it's got no chance of appearing in the search results.
And how would we know Messiah is not in the database.......until we do a search?

Ok whatever KVR is your toy play with it as you will.............

Return to “Site Stuff”