Can We Have the Drop Down Lists Back Please?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I found the Drop Down Plugins Lists one of the most important parts of the forum and used them frequently. Could we have them back please? Ben?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

+1

+2

+3 :D
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

+4

agreed.

+ 6

+7

I'm not planning on bringing them back unless there is some hugely convincing argument for them.

The quick search should do pretty much the same and more - start typing a product name and it should appear.

FWIW I like the way it is now. Just type in the name, get the results. Much easier. The dropdowns were a bit glitchy in my opinion. If I didn't position my cursor just right, all was lost...YMMV...obviously.
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Ben [KVR] wrote:I'm not planning on bringing them back unless there is some hugely convincing argument for them.

The quick search should do pretty much the same and more - start typing a product name and it should appear.
Sometimes I don't remember the name of a plugin until I see it and could scroll through the list until I eventually found it... now that possibility is gone because I now need to know the start of the plugin name.. you've taken away functionality. :)

VitaminD wrote:
Ben [KVR] wrote:I'm not planning on bringing them back unless there is some hugely convincing argument for them.

Sometimes I don't remember the name of a plugin until I see it and could scroll through the list until I eventually found it... now that possibility is gone because I now need to know the start of the plugin name.. you've taken away functionality. :)
Well you can type part of a name in the quick search, it doesn't have to be the beginning. And you have the allpluginsononepage if you need to browse everything in one go http://www.kvraudio.com/allpluginsononepage.php

-1. Quick Search works quite well for me.
My MusicCalc is temporary offline.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. :borg:

Ben [KVR] wrote: And you have the allpluginsononepage if you need to browse everything in one go http://www.kvraudio.com/allpluginsononepage.php

That would work if you could make it more than two columns wide............and place a prominent link to the All Plugins page. Otherwise I'd prefer the drop down lists........but if they're gone for a practical reason so be it...........

EDIT: The "All Plugins List" makes no distinction between Fx or Instruments. I still prefer the old drop downs. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

VitaminD wrote:

+10

Return to “Site Stuff”