New sidebar

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

this side-bar version is better than the previous (yesterday) for me,
thank

I like the new set up. However, even though I set my member preferences to show the forum posts by default, I still have to click it on when I first get to the site. What's up with that? Is there something I missed?

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote:I like the new set up. However, even though I set my member preferences to show the forum posts by default, I still have to click it on when I first get to the site. What's up with that? Is there something I missed?

Cheers
-B
After you changed the preferences you have to click on the "Update Sidebar Tab Display Preference" Button.

Cheers
Dennis

D.H. Miltz wrote:
mgpqa1 wrote:How does one "pin" the Forum Posts tab to prevent the sidebar from cycling through all the different tabs? The only settings I see are for changing stuff like which forums to display.
Go to Member Area, Sidebar Display Preference, check "Don't Cycle Tabs" then click Update Sidebar Tab Display Preference. Yesterday that didn't work for some people, I think, but it did for me, and still is.
Thank you, sir!

aMUSEd wrote:
audiojunkie wrote:
musikmachine wrote:Looks great on my phone. Maybe this is the mobile version. :hihi:
Interesting! I was just complaining the other day that the Apple "i" products didn't display everything correct on the KVR website. That is a really positive thing if KVR is updating for compatibility purposes.

--Sean
I think it is. I was pleased they got rid of the need for mouseovers (which are hard to replicate on an iPhone) to access the dropdown next to ones user name but unfortunately it still seems tied to taking you straight to Private Messages when you touch it rather than opening the dropdown which is a pain - that still needs addressing
It must be. Everything that looks wrong on the laptop looks good on the mobile screen. I'm guessing they're going for a format that compatible with most devices. :)
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

musikmachine wrote:
audiojunkie wrote:Logged out & back in. Things seem sorted out. Also, something good has come of all of this--I went in and customized the settings (I haven't done this for about 7 years). :-)

I personally kinda like the side-bar now that they've made some adjustments.

Also, I can right-click and choose to open a new tab in my browser--someone reported that this wasn't workinrg.

--Sean
At least something good came out of this. :|

:hihi:

:P

:lol:

--Sean

musikmachine wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
audiojunkie wrote:
musikmachine wrote:Looks great on my phone. Maybe this is the mobile version. :hihi:
Interesting! I was just complaining the other day that the Apple "i" products didn't display everything correct on the KVR website. That is a really positive thing if KVR is updating for compatibility purposes.

--Sean
I think it is. I was pleased they got rid of the need for mouseovers (which are hard to replicate on an iPhone) to access the dropdown next to ones user name but unfortunately it still seems tied to taking you straight to Private Messages when you touch it rather than opening the dropdown which is a pain - that still needs addressing
It must be. Everything that looks wrong on the laptop looks good on the mobile screen. I'm guessing they're going for a format that compatible with most devices. :)
It's probably tough finding a happy medium. If they CAN find a good balance, it would be a win-win situation, because I'd really love to be able to access KVR on the run from an iPhone or similar device, and as I mentioned previously, it wasn't working well on the iPhone/iPad. According to some, it is working better on these devices after this update. They've just gotta find the balance.

--Sean

Bronto Scorpio wrote:
BERFAB wrote:I like the new set up. However, even though I set my member preferences to show the forum posts by default, I still have to click it on when I first get to the site. What's up with that? Is there something I missed?

Cheers
-B
After you changed the preferences you have to click on the "Update Sidebar Tab Display Preference" Button.

Cheers
Dennis
:dog: I KNEW there was something!
Works like a charm now.
Love the new interface.

Cheers
-B
Berfab

audiojunkie wrote:
musikmachine wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
audiojunkie wrote:

--Sean
It's probably tough finding a happy medium. If they CAN find a good balance, it would be a win-win situation, because I'd really love to be able to access KVR on the run from an iPhone or similar device, and as I mentioned previously, it wasn't working well on the iPhone/iPad. According to some, it is working better on these devices after this update. They've just gotta find the balance.

--Sean
So is there a KVR 'app' for iPhone? I didn't see one (didn't look too hard) but I did manage to bookmark the site anyway.
Berfab

Now there's a big black gap above "What's new" and below the plugin search?

Where have the drop down menus for Plugins and Hosts gone? Used them quite a bit. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

*edit*
found KVR marks in the red button thingy.
/edit

I must say these new changes make KVR forum reading VERY discouraging.
The sidebar is so BIG. Really, why must the sidebar be so frikkin wide?

Please make it smaller and/or able to collapse. The "side"bar now take up almost 1/3rd of my KVR window.

In it's current state it makes visiting the forum very unpleasant. I want to be able to read posts in a forum, not share 1/3rd of the screen with a sidebar which i don't need.
Last edited by zeep on Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

BERFAB wrote:
audiojunkie wrote:
musikmachine wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
audiojunkie wrote:

--Sean

--Sean
So is there a KVR 'app' for iPhone? I didn't see one (didn't look too hard) but I did manage to bookmark the site anyway.
Let's see who can quote the most!
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

I must say these new changes make KVR forum reading VERY discouraging.
The sidebar is so BIG. Really, why must the sidebar be so frikkin wide?

Please make it smaller and/or able to collapse. The "side"bar now take up almost 1/3rd of my KVR window.

In it's current state it makes visiting the forum very unpleasant. I want to be able to read posts in a forum, not share 1/3rd of the screen with a sidebar which i don't need.

RunBeerRun wrote:
BERFAB wrote:
audiojunkie wrote:
musikmachine wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
audiojunkie wrote: Interesting! I was just complaining the other day that the Apple "i" products didn't display everything correct on the KVR website. That is a really positive thing if KVR is updating for compatibility purposes.

--Sean

--Sean
Let's see who can quote the most!
It's me!!!

Return to “Site Stuff”