New sidebar

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I see 15 new posts on mine.

Now, as to the kvetching about the new format--you might want to check out CS. Trains.com for some real shocks--one the forum postings are done in real small-- black 7 point font on a white background, You have to go through hoops to get your font to show up large when you post. All ADS on right hand side, et cetera et cetera-- :x :x :x
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

audiojunkie wrote:I just checked, and the last one(s) is/are cut off? How many messages is everyone else seeing? I've got 15 (counting the one that is cut off.

--Sean
Fifteen me too, but now the last post cutoff is fixed.

Problematic are now the number of posts showed (perhaps it can be set under preferences, havne't checked yet) and the plugin list, back to the old list please!

Cutoff is fixed but I'm still having everything pushed down by this empty black space:

Do you have an ad blocker enabled in your browser?
I have an ad in that place there.

Nope but I do have the Google analytical stuff switched off (using NoScript) - could it be that?

Do you have an ad in the down right corner of the side bar? There's another one there (vertical). Right of the interviews and KVR 10 logo.

BTW I Still have the post cutoff issue

I turned Google ads on and an ad appeared but then that made posts cutoff again.

I can live with ads.......they pay the bills but please can we have the Drop Down plugin lists back? Ben?
Last edited by Teksonik on Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:I can live with ads.......they pay the bills but please can we have the Drop Down plugin lists back? Ben?
+1, please.

While browsing the list of latest forum posts on the right sidebar, it switched to Plug-in News. I had to click the forum posts tab to continue reading the latest posts menu.

You can set the sidebar not to cycle thru tabs on your member area

Once you're logged in it works more or less OK, not as good as before but OK.
Equally important is the non-logged in behaviour, and that is ridiculous now. :x

Please, you can keep the tabs if your life depends on them, but :

1. Make forum posts the non-logged in default
We are members even before login, and some don't like to carry the cookies of the last 20 years with them.
Afaics not many have voted for something else as default, but many for forum posts like me.
You could always do an official poll, I guess. :shrug:

2. Make that moronic cycling an optional (!) member feature
How often have I clicked on "posts" during the last days for a quick scan of what's up, and halfway through the list it cycled off again. :help:
I know, it's only when not logged in, but why ?
Doesn't make sense to me.

The other option would be to revert back to the proven old approach. :tu:
Update fonts, graphics, colours all you want (within reason, never liked Toontrack's black on black layout :P )

I'm not one to easily complain about layout details, hell, I stomached the Evil Cubase Font Drama without any comment, but I wake up when essential functionality gets compromised. :-o

Cheers,
susiwong
Please, make forum posts the sidebar default even before login !
(my 1st signature !)

Teksonik wrote:I can live with ads.......they pay the bills but please can we have the Drop Down plugin lists back? Ben?
Can we at least get an answer? :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Sorry if this has been mentioned... but on my home computer I can't switch to the 'Forum Posts' view.. (clicking it does nothing)

It works fine at work though.

D

Getting the forum posts to be the logged-out default would be a good idea, working even without js turned on. The latest posts link gives a splendid overview in the meantime and even makes for a good kvr starter bookmark.

Return to “Site Stuff”