New sidebar

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, I just saw the new recent post sidebar in the home page; it's got a neat look, but I think that the left side forum icon is too big and steals estate to the thread titles and info.

Also, the list is cut at the bottom. Any plan to improve it further?

Thanks,
Mario

I hope so.

It appears to only appear on the home page, when reading a thread or writing a post, I still see the old one.

To be honest, I don't like the look of the new sidebar. The new red/blue user menu on the upper right on the other hand - love it.
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

i find it doesn't show enough 'latest posts', everything else is good

shanecgriffo wrote:i find it doesn't show enough 'latest posts', everything else is good
This - plus it keeps reverting back to one of the other tabs

Clicking on the tabs has no effect here ... :shrug:

Looking nice, but i preferred the previous for more posts list.
Then here in Safari the latest post is cut:

raikard233 wrote:Looking nice, but i preferred the previous for more posts list.
Then here in Safari the latest post is cut:

Same in Firefox (Windows)

Seems to be ok in Google Chrome--mind, my page only got this way just an hour ago... :?
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

I have just changed my preferences in the "members area" to "Show Forum Posts in the Side Bar" and "Don't Cycle Tabs" but it acts randomly: in some pages it follows my new preferences but in others it keeps cycling.

Last post truncated in IE as well. I kinda liked the other one better.
External Music Director, WRCT Pittsburgh, 88.3 FM - http://www.wrct.org/
Me on soundcloud - http://soundcloud.com/djdj1

I'm getting used to it. When it doesn't cycle, I mean.

About the truncated posts, if you zoom in or zoom out the page it shows more or less of the side bar.

The totally useless speech bubble icons are ridiculous. They serve absolutely no useful purpose. Does KvR think we're so stupid we need a row of repeated icons to tell us its a forum post ? :roll:

Tell the graphic artist to actually use the site for a few weeks before stealing screen real estate with stupid icons and visually annoying retro bevel effects. :?

If it aint broken......keep furkin with it until it is :hihi:

1-2-Many wrote:If it aint broken......keep furkin with it until it is :hihi:
Word.

Cons:
- useless w/o logging in
- useless w/o javascript
- less info displayed in the same screen space
- now with potentially 500% more refreshes until user gets to see area he/she/it wants

Pros:
Hmmm. ?

+1 for the red/blue profile space being a step forward, though.

I don't love the clunky speech bubbles and the fact that it keeps changing (apparently you can't turn that off reliably because of aforementioned bug, though I haven't tested it myself). Other than that, a change I can appreciate.

:)

Return to “Site Stuff”