inverse muting

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

it seems a petty thing to mention, i wonder if perhaps it may still be a useful way of reducing conflict in this age of impending enlightenment.

whata bouta inverse mute, allowing each user to select other members they wish to hide their posts from?

posts would appear in the same way that normal muted do, eg. tagged 'post hidden, click to read'.

this facility would allow each user to inhibit any pattern of abuse apparent only to them, without moderator awareness.

eg. if "so-and-so" never has anything "nice" to say to me, then i can stigmatise and hopefully reduce their responding to my posts as intentional using an automated process without any mod intervention or awareness.

of course, it's more bloody stuff to do.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

wouldn't it still show up in quotes?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

so basically, a mechanism for talking about people behind their backs.

betcha in the alternate universe where we have it, xoxos is the guy demanding its removal on the grounds that its a mechanism for conspiring against him.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Wouldn't that kind of function preclude the utility of posting to a public forum in the first place? Perhaps not posting at KVR would be the best solution for anyone uncomfortable with their words exposed to all comers? Private messaging was invented for such things, or Facebook even.

basically, what i'd like is some way to deter sean from replying to my posts.

the proposed method wouldn't hide information, it would act as a protocol for suggesting that they don't concern themselves with it.

it's not gang stalking. it's whether i ask a question about eXT, or dsp, or other acronym. sean, whenever he's so minded, is going to pop in and take a steamer on me.

it's not necessary. i don't read it (made that mistake today) but it's not necessary, and i'd like to discourage him, and other people like hovmod from taking the time to say unpleasant things to me.

like here, where suddenly my statement is basically insanely interpreted as meaning that i'm the best person in the world so there..
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... t=#4325220

completely unnecessary to say anything to me.

one sometimes gets the impression that if they go a day without logging in to kvr, finding a post i've made and finding a way to interpret it as if i absolutely disrespect everyone they'll suffocate, like trying to make me look like cack is somehow vital to their existence.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

xoxos wrote:...finding a way to interpret it as if...
Right people can discern where it is necessary to do so & you should learn to ignore what is to be ignored.
Wherever you go, you'll find "enemy", c'est la vie. But your own worst enemy is your Ego.

Concentrate on him first to find...

P . E . A . C . E

xoxos wrote:pop in and take a steamer on me.
I know this a rather serious intended thread, but this part is killing me.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

As you were Sir...
KVR >Gear Slutz! Change my mind! :clap:

I've kind of noticed it myself...

I'm really curious as to whether something like that could be enacted. I know that on another forum I'm on there was some discussion about a reverse mute. But I've not seen anywhere that has one in operation yet...

Maybe just muting him?

Megh...but then someone quoted the one being muted...

:? :?
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

xoxos wrote:i'd like to discourage him, and other people like hovmod from taking the time to say unpleasant things to me.
I don't think you did yourself any favors by suggesting that something bad might happen to one of his children, so I don't think you have any reason to expect any favors from him. And don't deny that you said anything, I'm sure there are at least two other people who will remember what you said.

If you don't like it use mute and don't read it. Where's the problem?

xoxos wrote:basically, what i'd like is some way to deter sean from replying to my posts.

the proposed method wouldn't hide information, it would act as a protocol for suggesting that they don't concern themselves with it.

it's not gang stalking. it's whether i ask a question about eXT, or dsp, or other acronym. sean, whenever he's so minded, is going to pop in and take a steamer on me.

it's not necessary. i don't read it (made that mistake today) but it's not necessary, and i'd like to discourage him, and other people like hovmod from taking the time to say unpleasant things to me.

like here, where suddenly my statement is basically insanely interpreted as meaning that i'm the best person in the world so there..
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... t=#4325220

completely unnecessary to say anything to me.

one sometimes gets the impression that if they go a day without logging in to kvr, finding a post i've made and finding a way to interpret it as if i absolutely disrespect everyone they'll suffocate, like trying to make me look like cack is somehow vital to their existence.
this would be the 'steamer' xoxos is specifically referring to. judge for yourself whether it constitutes 'saying unpleasant things' to him, as he claims...
whyterabbyt wrote:
xoxos wrote:..the answer may not be for several more chapters :hihi:

so an impulse response is appropriate for deriving the function of any linear system, yet people are taking IRs of all kinds of nonlinear, dynamics oriented hardware. is this ~"best we can do"/"because we can" ideology?
if you go on the (unproven) basis that 'they' (whoever they might be) are only ever taking one IR per device, i guess they'd be deriving 'a' function then, rather than 'the' function. :shrug:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 55#4328655

I dont see quite how that justifies the accusation or weirdness that follows, or this thread, but to be honest, not unpredictable.

However, what xoxos is proposing here, for reasons entirely selfish to his selective paranoias, is a fundamental shift in the nature of KVR, from one which is by default an open community to one which is a cluster of cliques hiding their conversations from each other.

xoxos' repeated demands here at Site Stuff to tailor KVR to his specification aside, I think this is quite literally the most damaging thing one could do to an online community of this nature. It serves no useful function that we dont already have (if xoxos is so concerned about my posts, then that function has long been served by the mute button) and offers nothing but a means of completely disrupting any attempt at discourse.

Do you want some troll to have the ability to hide the fact that they insult or ridicule you with every post they make, for example? Do moderators want the prospect of dealing with that? Do KVR's developers want warez users to have the ability to hide the fact that they're posting links to cracks in the developer's own threads?

Such a shitty mess of implications, all to serve someone who basically wants to pick and choose who has the right to respond to him, whilst he spends half his time claiming 'KVR' as a whole community does X, Y and Z to him. He can claim you're victimising him, as he actually already does, but disallow you from knowing you'd need to defend yourself against his accusation. Utterly unbelievable.

xoxos wrote:it's not gang stalking. it's whether i ask a question about eXT, or dsp, or other acronym. sean, whenever he's so minded, is going to pop in and take a steamer on me.
and for the record, ive been 'so minded' in the past two weeks to offer exactly this when Rurik asked a questions:

1) one technical reply in the DSP forum which Rurik decided was an attack for no sane reason

For full disclosure, i also replied to Rurik one other time in the past fortnight, but it wasnt to a question. The reply ('your theory is cock') was in an HPC thread where Rurik was trying to prove something or other about the music industry by referring to various situations where he was positing that specific people got their cocks out for blowjobs. Humour intended for a few people I know who have a sense of it.

Oh, and I guess, the replies in this forum (although again, not in reply to a question) in which Rurik gets to make comments like this:
personally, It seems a damn sight more that if Rurik goes a day without logging in to kvr, finding a post someone else made and finding a way to interpret it as if they absolutely disrespect him...

Feel free to count the number of times in that same fortnight that Rurik has posted that 'he', 'she' or 'they' are doing something against him and judge for yourself...

of course, if xoxos had his way, i wouldnt be allowed to know to point out the facts of how often i reply to him. and everyone's confirmation bias would be nicely unquestioned...

xoxos wrote:i wonder, how do i keep going?

of course, what i should wonder is how many people who aren't "in the club" can actually see my posts?
Now you want your own club, it seems. What you propose is turning a public forum in a conglomerate of secret societies, like your beloved freemasons.

Return to “Site Stuff”