why are some people allowed to come back under new names?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Frankly I think this really is just plain wrong, if you're going to allow people back have them keep the same name instead of making members who stick to one name guess. It's downright deceitful (not on KvR's end but the user) and there are some people who have been banned I am sooooo glad they are gone, but then I dont know they really are gone now do I? It happened yesterday, a member who had joined yesterday I later found out had been around at least 5 years with at least one other name. :x

I honestly believe this undermines KvR's honest and respectful members and brings KvR down, I would like to know who I am talking to. It's a two way street as well, there are some members who have been banned I miss and would like to know if they are back. I always liked the idea that KvR had the rule of one user name and to be honest I would only use one (though I know I COULD use more than one now)...rules that are meant to be broken?

Can't you ban an ip address? I'm really miffed and want to say something to those who keep coming back under new names but I wont, suffice it to say I do not like it at all. :?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Mods aren't omniscient. You spot someone, let a mod know. I'm very busy trying to keep a house paid for and haven't much time to patrol KVR. Never could watch every thread and every person.

With Bonte's help I've got rid of one account that looked suspiciously familiar, and turned out to be who I thought it was at first.

Banning an IP address rarely does any good. They can be changed or concealed.

Meffy wrote:Mods aren't omniscient. You spot someone, let a mod know. I'm very busy trying to keep a house paid for and haven't much time to patrol KVR. Never could watch every thread and every person.
I know Meffy, you work hard at it and my complaint really is more aimed at those who do this...if I said what I really want to say I might get a ban :oops:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

so I go to get the one from yesterday and he's banned...you rock :hail:

I also hate when someone does that! It totally screws with the trust you're building up. Much worse than normal trolling or flaming. I'd love to know who it was this time.

Bonteburg wrote:I also hate when someone does that! It totally screws with the trust you're building up. Much worse than normal trolling or flaming. I'd love to know who it was this time.
nom du jour 'the.opposite', who it really is I have no idea but how could someone have a picture of kvr members that is years old and just joined yesterday?

snooky? just a guess

well yes, I knew you were talking about the.opposite! I thought you knew who they were from your post.

I don't think it's snooky, felt like a native English speaker to me...

edit: not so sure now!

Bonteburg wrote:well yes, I knew you were talking about the.opposite!
always one step ahead of me :hihi:

Bonteburg I gave you all the best years of my life....

i'd like to come back as the original me

:lol:

I always wondered about that... I was originally using a different name, years ago. When KVR reorganized all the member data and redid the site I lost all my posts... I wondered if my original sig/information was merged into the new sig info, posts etc. Hmmm... :?:

well......i was OG member of KVR from its original days.("Hi, I'm Marcus and I'm a VST plug-in addict")

then I went offline for a bit, changed/lost email/login info and had to create a new account a few years back.

As far the idiots who would break the rules and re-appear as the same arsehooles with new names- those kinda folks stink.

I am sure the KVR moderators do the best they can to keep these types out.

:help:

I'm so boring, that even if I wanted a fake separate identity, I'd have to
somehow become witty, or perhaps reasonobly inteligunt, as a disgize, both of whitch
are either two expensive, or scientifigally unpossibull. :(

glokraw wrote:I'm so boring, that even if I wanted a fake separate identity, I'd have to
somehow become witty, or perhaps reasonobly inteligunt, as a disgize, both of whitch
are either two expensive, or scientifigally unpossibull. :(
Not to mention your spelling would be a dead give away :)

i miss the old KVR sockpuppets

Return to “Site Stuff”