Plug-In Review contest...

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I'd been taking a break from music stuff for a while and am getting back into it. I've found that I was lacking a few plug-ins, and have been trying demos, reading reviews online, doing searches here, and have patched a few holes, but there's still some other things that I'm looking for. I want to set up something that would not only help me out, but benefit KVR at the same time. I've noticed that there's been less than 10 reviews over the last 30 days. With the amount of users here, I'd think that we should at least see one new review daily.

Why not get some more interest in that section of the site? It'd be beneficial for everyone.. people can read honest reviews here for free (as opposed to either subscribing to magazines or paying for articles online), KVR would probably see some more traffic come through via Google (as a lot of my searches were for "plug-in name review", advertisers would get more views, and developers could get more users.

What I propose is a review contest. Have people review plug-ins that they own, and if they can convince me that I need to try or buy the plug-in, they win a prize. I'd also make it so that freeware plug-ins are not left out, as I'd grant prizes for them too. To make it fair, I won't say what plug-ins I'm looking for, so no one would possibly know what I need. ;)

The Rules - Standard review rules apply. Be factual. If there's a problem, let people know. Be courteous, do not slam other plug-ins. If you want to compare it to another plug-in, do so, but in a positive way, ie- "if you were looking for a cheaper alternative to x-plug-in, check this out." Also, don't heap praise on a plug-in if you don't feel that strongly about it. List the pros and cons. I'll decide whether or not the plug-in is right for me, but you could be convincing others.

The Prizes - Six prizes of $25USD each, sent via PayPal. Fair compensation for a person's time. Reviews would be for instrument or effects plug-ins, free or pay-ware. I'd prefer if there were downloadable demos for the pay-ware plug-ins, if that's not possible (if they're large sample-based instruments), I'd like if there were plenty of audio and/or video demos online. Like I said, I'm not saying what I need (or at least, think I need :hihi: ), so review away. Just make sure the reviews are for everyone, and not just for me and the contest. You could review a dozen plug-ins and still not win if the reviews are badly done.

Obviously, I'd need the go-ahead from admins here to go forward with this contest. If I need to put the prize money in a fund somewhere to be doled out via KVR, I can do that.
Remember the iLokalypse Summer 2013

Samples and presets and free stuff!

great idea, i always mean to review, but some how i just run out of time---where should we review the plugs-- under their tabs?

Return to “Site Stuff”