Site suggestion, audio samples

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I would like to make a site suggestion. It occured to me that we are able to see great pictures of the wealth of plugins that KVR has listed in the database but I thought it might be an exciting addtion to the site if there were short audio clips available to hear the plugs in action.

VST/AUs are for making music right? So why not have audio samples to preview the sound that the devices can make?

Devs can upload good examples of samples up to x secs long that they feel demonstrate the strengths of there plugins, KVR users can then click the widget button to hear the clip to audition the sound. Sort of like a Soundcloud widget.

Hopefully a feature such as this could be used on the plugins information page, next to the photo and text about the plug.

Hopefully this would not cause any bandwidth or server storage issues but I think it would greatly enhance the KVR user experience, especially for bewildered newcomers.

Whadya think?

Alan Gregory

blacbeard wrote: Devs can upload good examples of samples up to x secs long that they feel demonstrate the strengths of there plugins, KVR users can then click the widget button to hear the clip to audition the sound. Sort of like a Soundcloud widget.
bandwidth.

if you want audio demos the author of the plugin can host them on their own site, distributing the load that way.

the average photo is 30kb, the average audio demo seems to be 3mb.

most plugins are small enough that it's easier to download and run them than it is to listen to an mp3.

Return to “Site Stuff”