KVR is 10 Yesr Old!

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My Bob...kVr started when I got to this country...fark I feel old...

Happy inauguration day! :tu:
Best wishes and good luck to all kvr ppl!
Right now, KVR is my #1 website doing what's doing! Visiting it everyday since a couple of time ago.

Can't wait for the new forum and other stuff that's coming.

3ee

pheeleep wrote:Happy Bday KVR?

What does KVT stand for? Maybe it's time I knew.
Have no clue :shrug:

Happy BD, KvR (that's Happy Bass Drum, if anyone wondered)

It's funny I first stumbled upon KvR while eating KaViaR with my GF, Allota Fagina and her sister,
Ivana Humpalot :hihi:
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Tp3 wrote: Ivana Humpalot :hihi:
Did you two play chess in the nude?

It just hit me how much my life has changed since the time I first logged in to KvR.. err, I mean, KvR didn't really change my life but it is nice to use it as a reference point in time as I really do read KvR at least a couple of times per week, even when I'm busy or stuck in no man's land.

Since I joined Kvr, I've somehow miraculously managed to lure a wonderful wife into my life which has resulted in two incredible gifts, our kids. I've also been blessed with the possibility to do what I love professionally (if all goes well this spring *knocks on wood*). The studio we've been building with my friends for a long, loooooong time is finally polished enough to start business seriously.

The synthesizer of my dreams finally materialized last year (Alchemy), guitar amp modeling is finally coming of age and my love for squeezing things to bits with wonderful compressors is at an all-time high (things are brewing behind scenes :wink: ). Component modeling in general seems to have exploded recently and there are some new kids on the block showing the old dogs (Universal Audio) how it doesn't have to be DSP based to kick ass.

Reaper has finally become my main mixing and mastering workstation. I still can not really use it for composing as I find it a bit uninspiring for that purpose but luckily FL Studio has matured a heck of a lot lately as well. The upcoming 9.1 update will FINALLY bring automatic plugin delay compensation to the kids. Yay!! No matter what Mr. Didier thinks, it IS an extremely important addition and one mainly of WORKFLOW which importance should never, ever be underestimated. Workflow is everything. It's the only thing truly unique to most DAW software in this day and age. They all pretty much overlap each other in feature set but in the end, workflow is what makes or breaks the user experience.

This post was actually meant to be one of the first on my blog but as the website is still under heavy construction and I don't have the stamina to fix it I'll just post it here instead.. it'll probably be read by more people this way and the add revenues go to much better cause here.. I'd have bought a few beers (Ben, the beer is on me! :hihi: ). :P

Cheers guys and a special thanks to the mods here for keeping this circus running! :D

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Congrats

Return to “Site Stuff”