removing a smiley

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

maybe it's just me and that's fine (and I have used it myself) but is :roll: just begging for things to get nasty? I may be the minority here but I find in life in the physical world someone rolls their eyes at me I walk away. It's extremely disrespectful and a :shrug: works just as well.

:roll:= stfu, give me a break, how stupid can you be?
:shrug:= I'm just saying

anyhow I'm going to try and not use the :roll: anymore

Now of course will come a bunch of posts with just :roll: which will only prove my point.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

:roll:

You knew that was coming, someone had to do it! :P
You are currently reading my signature.

no worries, I just noticed that the roll is often the catalyst for things turning ugly...but you're from Boston so you're automatically forgiven...imo that's actually polite compared to most Bostonians :hihi: (growing up in Bedford pretty much includes me in that)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I will frequently do ':roll::hihi:' since if I use the roll eyes, it's in jest. I actually quite like it, and will use it self-deprecatingly.

However, I do agree that it gets misused alot, and can cause strife.. but I'd miss it if it went!

I think we should replace

with

Image.
You are currently reading my signature.

My impression is that things are nasty 24/7 as it is. I just come here for the tech talk.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

:oops: I didn't even know it meant something like "stfu" I probably used that smiley in the wrong context some times :-o

So when does one roll it's eyes? It's not a well known gesture here where I live (or I never noticed :hihi: ).

Btw can you image how things would be here (or on any other message board) when there where no smilies to use :-o
Last edited by Nielzie on Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I personally don't mind :roll: but I find :x to be completely racist!
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

RunBeerRun wrote:My impression is that things are nasty 24/7 as it is. I just come here for the tech talk.
you should see the local forum for my city, that's nasty...sometimes I say "and these are my neighbors?" I just am beginning to think that perhaps instead of jumping on each other we should reach out to each other. Which translated means "I'm old" :lol:

BTW dont stop coming around, KvR has many great members and you're on that list.

haha Nielze! I was thinking about how you probably misinterpreted it when I was looking at your posts in the mutools forum. :D

Nielzie wrote::oops: I didn't even know it meant something like "stfu" I probably used that smiley in the wrong context some times :-o

So when does one roll it's eyes? It's not a well known gesture here where I live (or I never noticed :hihi: ).
:shrug: I know that we just had a big election here for senate and three months ago I would of voted for the favorite, a woman who is our attorney general. But what first started souring me was when during the debates she kept rolling her eyes at her opponent over and over. In the middle of December she was a shoe in, she lost.

But to answer your question, I think it's really based on the context of the text. I think if I look back and look at my uses of it I tend to be :roll::hihi:

FWIW I use :shrug: a lot but my favorite is :oops:, it's an easy way to say "I was wrong". I do wish we had a handshake smiley though.

djanthonyw wrote:I think we should replace

with

Image.
so you live in the north end?

I'm ok with the rolling eyes. It's used in a friendly manner most of the time anyway.
The one I don't really see a good purpose for is: :idiot:

gsoto wrote: The one I don't really see a good purpose for is: :idiot:
if you dont understand it's purpose, you are clearly an :idiot:

wink
LOL
lmao
dfs
mi5

What I find interesting is that in the majority of cases, I find people interpret what is said to them in the most negative possible light. They automatically assume the worst.

I work my hardest to assume the best, and it usually works out in my favor in the long run, because even if someone is being an *ss because they are having a bad day, and you respond in a positive manner (having not assumed the worst), usually it disarms them and they realize they've been a bit of a w*nker.

Anyhoo...just my two cents. (Why isnt there a cents symbol on the number keys on a standard keyboard?....now that's just wierd.)

Return to “Site Stuff”