What's up with the search engine?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Why is it if I search for something the first page shows what I'm looking for but if there's more than one page of searches the next pages just show everything I've posted?

We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

The search function is not even remotely working. This is a shame.
I just tried some stuff. Type in "IK" in the search field and you get ZERO (!!!) results, even if straight on the right there's some IK thread already. The rest of the options you set is irrelevant. The search function simply is broken. Has always been broken. Will never work. Ever.
And yes, this is really a shame. A proper search function multiplies the value of a forum immensely.

- Sascha
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Sascha Franck wrote:The search function is not even remotely working. This is a shame.
I just tried some stuff. Type in "IK" in the search field and you get ZERO (!!!) results, even if straight on the right there's some IK thread already. The rest of the options you set is irrelevant. The search function simply is broken. Has always been broken. Will never work. Ever.
And yes, this is really a shame. A proper search function multiplies the value of a forum immensely.

- Sascha
Yeah, I posted my exactly complaint about not allowing two-letter searches. There needs to be a wild-card that a member can use to allow a two letter search, for things like:

IK
JV
JP
XP
XV

The list goes on and on.

As a workaround, you can always use google to search the forum. To search for IK, for instance, type site:kvraudio.com/forum IK. I always use this for forum searches, I find it more convenient than the integrated search forms.

Return to “Site Stuff”