How to download all my PMs?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi

how would I download all my private messages so I can empty my inbox and save box? They get full pretty quick.

thanks

d

+1

I've been wishing for this feature for a while. I had to send important ones to my savebox then manually save them. pita

Perhaps this MOD is not supported by phpBB??
stay juicy!

I found an export PM to XML MOD for pB here:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=281925

Not text or htm but perhaps can be read by a RSS reader on the comp side?
Last edited by Optomadic on Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stay juicy!

copy and paste to word?

Ewwwhewww I even found this nifty PM reader for PM's that have been downloaded to XML.
Introduction:

For those that either work at, or run a phpBB web site, here's a new program I've just developed to help you read personal messages (pm-s) that were exported (saved to your system locally). The exported message format the viewer reads is XML; i've tested it so far on TechSupportForums (TSF) and MalwareRemoval (MWR).

To download the "Personal Message Viewer", right-click on the link below, and select "Save Target As", or "Save Link As":

http://downloads.malwareremoval.com/MHS/PM_Viewer.exe

Instructions:

Click "Load Messages", then locate and double-click on the exported messages your wanting to read.

==========

To read a specific message, just double-click on the message's title in the right hand pane. Links are clickable.

To load messages into the viewer, click "Load Messages", then browse to, and select (double-click) the personal message archive (xml format file). Previous messages are not automatically cleared when loading messages; this allows loading more than one archive into the viewer, for reading. To clear the previous messages, before loading the next set, click "Clear Messages".

To view a particular message, double-click on the message title in the right hand pane.

To sort the messages in the order specified by the column headers, click on the column header.

To find text in the message title or body, use the "Find" function. Two types of 'finds' are supported; single message and multiple message. With single message, each individual message is displayed seperately; with multiple messages, all 'found' messages are displayed on the same 'page' . Multiple messages allow following a single subject easily across multiple posts.

==========

Have fun, and enjoy the program! ... :)

-

Mike

Please Ben implement this! :pray:
stay juicy!

yellowfever wrote:copy and paste to word?
Seems far too technical to be a practical solution. :hihi:
We escape the trap of our own subjectivity by
perceiving neither black nor white but shades of grey

Upgrade KVR to vBulletin and get the following at the bottom of the PM page:

"Download all Private Messages as:
XML | CSV | Text"

As well as a more robust, secure, less "hacked-at-successfuly-weekly" BB system. YMMV, IMHO, etc.

pretty please ?

Return to “Site Stuff”