Reviews Needed (Shocking Statistic!)

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was just reading a thread about reviews here at KVR and I did a little math... The result was shocking and I put it in my sig.

If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 420 reviews a day.

As of this post, the latest review is eleven days old. I'm as guilty as anyone about not reviewing enough and I know it isn't practical to assume that all of the 150,000+ members are active enough to do what I suggest.

Still, if one percent of us wrote one review a year that would be four reviews a day.

Just as an example, hundreds of people just purchased SampleTank 2.5 as part of the Esoundz group buy. That product has been reviewed once in the last three years (four months ago before the latest group buy).

Food for thought.
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

Hewitt Huntwork wrote:Food for thought.
And shoes for industry.

In general, good points. As far as the Group Buy correlation, that didn't end so long ago so I'd rather not see "honeymoon" reviews to be honest. Let it get used by those of us who got in on the GB for a while first.

emdot_ambient wrote:And shoes for industry.
I have to confess to not knowing what you mean by that. Feel free to elaborate. :)

emdot_ambient wrote:
Hewitt Huntwork wrote:Food for thought.
And shoes for industry.
He's no fun. He fell right over.

"Shoes for Industry" is a slogan used to promote the "take off your shoes" movement, prominently mentioned in that classic comedy movie, "High School Madness" featuring teenage idol George Leroy Tirebiter and his wacky pal Mudhead.

But enough digression. I can't post reviews, I like practically everything and I'm not "advanced" enough to notice flaws that seem to irk others.

[edit] Phrauge, good to see you. *bow*
Last edited by Meffy on Tue May 20, 2008 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Eat it.

Eat it raw.

Rah Rah Rah!

Hewitt Huntwork wrote:Feel free to elaborate.
Ok, that was a mistake. I admit it. :P

Mef, I understand what you're saying. A friend once called it "going to the puppet show and not seeing the strings".

Meffy wrote: Phrauge, good to see you. *bow*

I would review often if it didn't have to be essay length.
If I could just give a rating and say it rocks or sucks or buy something else it'd be easy.

I'll admit to being lazy. I barely got this reply written...
⬆ Jon from The REAPER Blog

Hewitt Huntwork wrote:
Hewitt Huntwork wrote:Feel free to elaborate.
Ok, that was a mistake. I admit it. :P
:D My work is done here [sound of Emdot walking off into the sunset]

But OT...It's a fair cop. Guilty as charged.

Audio~Geek wrote:I would review often if it didn't have to be essay length.
If I could just give a rating and say it rocks or sucks or buy something else it'd be easy.
I sort of tend to agree. I think that if the reviews are contributed by users, then they should obviously serve users, and I'm not sure the current format serves us best. This is bearing in mind that in my opinion, the more reviews there are, the better. :D

It would be cool if there were a couple of alternate formats for reviews. Obviously the way it is now is best for people who have lots to say, but I can envision a couple of different types of reviews for people who want to contribute but don't want to go the "essay" route. Maybe an ultra-short form questionnaire, like ten questions (or any small number) that are yes/no or how "strongly" you agree on a scale. Then there could be a longer form questionnaire with space for comments. Both forms could include brief information about the user so others can know what they were looking for and what kind of use the product would see before rendering a verdict on whether they liked it.

Just ideas. :)

Return to “Site Stuff”