Scrolling forum pages

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i do wonder how can i scroll through a forum page list.

This idea raise after looking for a specific topic (e.g: mixing with headphones) around. The search by words gives a huge avalanch of topic's pages. Some forums have 300 or 500 pages or even more. So, how do i go to the page 100 or 150? The scrolling option "go to next page" already available on the top of each forum, only allows you to move one by one page. Because of it, most people just add another BURNED TO DEAD topic (e.g: how do i get te Cher effect) over and over...

Suggestions:

The search by words sould only target topic title, and if not, to have the posibility to choose this feature, otherwise on any search list will appear all topics CONTAINING "mixing" and also, all topics with the word " headphone" writTen on the replies, too.

To have a little feature that compliments the one already available on the top and bottom of each forum (go to next page one), that allows you to go rigth to the 100 or 150 or watever (and no the one by one, one).

why to do this:

The hole forum archive will be tigther and will ocupy much less hosting space (so precious i think) by the reduction the number of topics. Consecuently,this will simplify dramaticly the topic searching task for everyone, making KVRs visit, easier, nicer and friendlier (intuitive too).

Also, most of the topics will become more interesting, because a single topic will gather most of its inherent info, rather that the same info question and replies scattered througthout the 300 or 500 pages on several topics (the very same one). Who is going to scroll all 500 topics one by one looking for the "mixing with headphones" or "The Cher effect"? Is an obvious hard & time consuming task! None, just send a new topic and does it, you'r done.

I have few more ideas about this but i think that for the now will suffice to rise the concern. Anyone having the same thoughts? any suggestions on how to inprove the KVRsite?

Dave.

Return to “Site Stuff”