New site design and usability: good or bad

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?

Is the new design an improvent?

it looks worse and represents a drawback in usability
46%
it looks worse but adds to usability
3%
it looks better but is worse in terms of usability
21%
it in all terms an improvement
21%
I don't care
8%

Total votes: 118

RELATED
PRODUCTS

kvr now look like a stupid "web 2.0" blog. :roll: :roll:

...these changes have made 0% difference to me...I wonder how many people havent yet discovered that you can change the size of the forum text resolution in your options?
Last edited by lotus2035 on Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

androidlove wrote:
Mr. Tunes wrote:well i'm sensitive to critique this design cause i gather that our creator and lord Ben worked on it. a lot of stuff has already been said that I won't repeat, but i find it really annoying that the Instruments, Effects, Hosts and Developer dropdown boxes are gone from any top level pages.

that was a very useful feature of this site when reading through a thread and someone mentions a plugin, you didnt have to always link to it cause you knew that readers could find it on that dropdown box.
i've yet to find a page where the quick links drop down isn't there. this could be a recent fix, as i rarely navigate away from the forum. i seem to remember the problem occurring with the old layout though
ah i see now it's tucked away in the Quick Links part of the menu :oops:

lotus2035 wrote:...these changes have made 0% difference to me...I wonder how many people havent yet discovered that you can chage the size of the forum text resolution in your options?
seems like that should be a sticky on every page or something bold like that. i feel bad for those not in the know
"Most people who experiment with drugs are not lying in the streets, suffocating on their own vomit. If you want to see some of that, go to the Pub on Saturday night at closing time." ozwest

androidlove wrote:
lotus2035 wrote:...these changes have made 0% difference to me...I wonder how many people havent yet discovered that you can chage the size of the forum text resolution in your options?
seems like that should be a sticky on every page or something bold like that. i feel bad for those not in the know
i didn't know i could change the width of the forum until i read this thread

Dear Site Designers:

OK you had your fun with the Emo-Dark-on-Dark color scheme.

BUT ITS UNREADABLE AND BAD DESIGN.

Please put the forums back to a READABLE state....

:cry: :cry: :cry:

kara wrote:...there are more important things in live then a site layout
k
I agree with this, kinda; too bad the idiot who redesigned this site doesn't. If he did, he would not have taken a perfectly good site layout and, using "The Magic Of Self-Absorbed Coding (tm)" turned it into a directionless, cramped, crowded, unnavigable eyesore of a site, the purpose of which is to display the designer's graphic aesthetics and programming sophistication, such as they are, to the whole world, hopefully at the expense of anyone who actually comes to SEE it.

Return to “Site Stuff”