New site design and usability: good or bad

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?

Is the new design an improvent?

it looks worse and represents a drawback in usability
46%
it looks worse but adds to usability
3%
it looks better but is worse in terms of usability
21%
it in all terms an improvement
21%
I don't care
8%

Total votes: 118

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hewitt Huntwork wrote:Having to click for "quick reply" certainly isn't as quick as before.
You can change that in your settings, so that's cool. The main thing which annoys me is the design not using screen percentages.
I've joined Lurkers Anonymous.

Oh, and I didn't vote, because I wanted a "it looks better in some ways, but not in others, but represents a drawback in useability" option :hihi:
I've joined Lurkers Anonymous.

I prefer the old look in every respect.

This new design is one big ugly mess.

There isn't one single thing about it that I can consider an improvement. Not one..!

Whoever designed this obviously has little or no experience with commercial web design and is completely void of any sense of aesthetic.

I stress; this is my opinion, but as KVR isn't a democracy, then it doesn't really matter what I think anyway.

I like it a lot - the design is simpler/slicker, which allows more stuff to be included without it becoming a jumbled mess. I really like the red user drop-down thingie [although right at this moment it isn't working for some reason] and it seems to be much faster overall. Two thumbs up from me!
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

It still takes over a minute for me to load a news story in IE6 and it's been like this for ages and so I rarely bother now. You've got to really want to read that story otherwise it's a pain in the neck. It must be putting a lot of people off who don't even visit the forum. I'm surprised it's not been put back to how it was until the problems are ironed out. :?
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

Have you ever thought of not using Internet Explorer? Your life will improve tenfold.

I don't like the new site at all.

bduffy wrote:Have you ever thought of not using Internet Explorer? Your life will improve tenfold.
for a company with all that money, they sure can't figure out how to make an effective browser

firefox is way ahead of ie
"Most people who experiment with drugs are not lying in the streets, suffocating on their own vomit. If you want to see some of that, go to the Pub on Saturday night at closing time." ozwest

im with bones, the rest of you are idiots.

:hihi:

androidlove wrote:
bduffy wrote:Have you ever thought of not using Internet Explorer? Your life will improve tenfold.
for a company with all that money, they sure can't figure out how to make an effective browser

firefox is way ahead of ie
Hell yeah. So is Opera. ;)

Also, if you simply must have the IE experience, there's Maxthon, which is IE, just magged-up and re-tooled to actually, er, work. It's pretty cool, although I find the IE shell just too sluggish and boring. Opera and FF are so snappy! :D

I don't care.
I can still read posts and reply to them
and there are more important things in live then a site layout

k

yeah I have but I really don't like Firefox for various reasons. Besides you shouldn't have to change your browser (from IE anyway) for a site to become useable
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

Jbravo wrote:
yeah I have but I really don't like Firefox for various reasons. Besides you shouldn't have to change your browser (from IE anyway) for a site to become useable
I was thinking more as an overall experience, not just for this site. OF course, this is the most important site on the internets.

well i'm sensitive to critique this design cause i gather that our creator and lord Ben worked on it. a lot of stuff has already been said that I won't repeat, but i find it really annoying that the Instruments, Effects, Hosts and Developer dropdown boxes are gone from any top level pages.

that was a very useful feature of this site when reading through a thread and someone mentions a plugin, you didnt have to always link to it cause you knew that readers could find it on that dropdown box.

Mr. Tunes wrote:well i'm sensitive to critique this design cause i gather that our creator and lord Ben worked on it. a lot of stuff has already been said that I won't repeat, but i find it really annoying that the Instruments, Effects, Hosts and Developer dropdown boxes are gone from any top level pages.

that was a very useful feature of this site when reading through a thread and someone mentions a plugin, you didnt have to always link to it cause you knew that readers could find it on that dropdown box.
i've yet to find a page where the quick links drop down isn't there. this could be a recent fix, as i rarely navigate away from the forum. i seem to remember the problem occurring with the old layout though
"Most people who experiment with drugs are not lying in the streets, suffocating on their own vomit. If you want to see some of that, go to the Pub on Saturday night at closing time." ozwest

Return to “Site Stuff”