Market Place idea

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic

Allow members to delete their own threads?

Yep
65%
Nup
24%
Mahi-mahi
12%

Total votes: 17

RELATED
PRODUCTS

G'day guys,

I just thought of this (it's probably been suggested before), and frankly, I'm not sure if it's a good idea or not - just thought I'd throw it out there ;-)

I'm wondering how hard it would be to give all members (or all over 20 posts or something) the power to delete their own MP threads - that way, once an item is sold, the thread is deleted by the seller, and we don't have all that clutter.

Thoughts?

Watto :)
I've joined Lurkers Anonymous.

Polls look pretty in the new layout.

I don't think you can set up phpbb to let users delete posts only in one forum.

Hmmm, 4 vs 2 so far - can one of the naysayers tell us why? I'm curious :)

shamann wrote:I don't think you can set up phpbb to let users delete posts only in one forum.
This is a pretty heavily modded forum already, so I don't think it'd be beyond Ben to do it - only he could tell us, I guess :shrug:

Maybe not delete the thread, but allowing the OP to lock his/ her thread might be a better idea. This way the thread is still there for reference, but no one can bump a thread for a sold or off the market product.
CubaseStudio4 µTonic/Rapture Nitro/GS-201/Ohmicide/TBK 1&3

I don't reckon anyone would bother doing that, though, whereas I'd delete my Market Place thread once I'd sold the item. Locking it still leaves it there, although it will disappear more quickly, I guess :)

I'd prefer if the OP couldn't even edit their first post in a thread in the marketplace. That stuff is great down the road when you are trying to figure out what's the going rate for a second-hand something. Irritating when all that info gets deleted.

Return to “Site Stuff”