New forum layout!

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Meffy wrote:
Ian B wrote:I press the back/forward button, think it's done nothing so press it again and find myself two pages back/forward instead of one :x
Twice today I did a "back" and crashed Firefox. :-( That happens to me so rarely that it seems noteworthy. Might be the fault of Firefox itself, dunno. It's the latest version, 2.0.0.8, on WinXP.
... And no sooner did I type that than Firefox pulled down another update, 2.0.0.9, which makes me think maybe there was something wrong with 2.0.0.8. We'll see if I get any more crashes that seem related to clicking "Back" while in KVR.

Meffy wrote:
Ian B wrote:I press the back/forward button, think it's done nothing so press it again and find myself two pages back/forward instead of one :x
Twice today I did a "back" and crashed Firefox. :-( That happens to me so rarely that it seems noteworthy. Might be the fault of Firefox itself, dunno. It's the latest version, 2.0.0.8, on WinXP.
Same happened here, as well.
Firefox hardly ever crashes on me, unlike IE which I could depend on failing at least 5 times a week. :hihi:

Voidoid Surrealist wrote:
Meffy wrote:
Same happened here, as well.
Firefox hardly ever crashes on me, unlike IE which I could depend on failing at least 5 times a week. :hihi:
not had any crashes in 2.0.0.8 here but there has been a couple of times it's acted a bit "screwy"

It's completely crazy. On the bottom of the right there's the latest member music contributions. But they'll only be there once the forums thread page gets long enough. In case there's just a handful of short posts, those links won't be displayed. That's stupid.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

No further crashes after Firefox updated itself to 2.0.0.9 yesterday.

However (unrelated, and of interest only to mods/admins): When I went into thread-splitting mode the message text vanished "beneath" the right-side columns, as did the controls for choosing which posts to include in the split. I got around this by maximizing the browser, so the posts and controls extended to the right of those two columns.

anyone else having this problem?

Interesting, and similar to what I got while splitting a thread earlier. What browser are you using, and what version number? (I can't do anything about the problem, but it'll probably be useful for Ben to know.)

same problem here !
It seems i only have this problem with IE7 , on firefox it is fine .
Organising a protest march this Friday Schlesische Strasse 28 ,10997 Berlin, Germany

Yeah, had that problem also earlier today using Safari 2.0.4 on my Mac. Went and reset my resolution in Member Area. Problem solved. :)

@meffy

i can only see part of your post...up to the browser piece. i'm using ie7 and i reset the resolution yesterday and had no probs viewing posts.

there's a slight bit of overlappage going on.

didn't knew about the resolution customisation , this should be a sticky ...
Though the only problem is that it didn't solved the problem on IE7 , the same bug happens with Avant Browser too !
Organising a protest march this Friday Schlesische Strasse 28 ,10997 Berlin, Germany

I like the spell check , right clicking options but hate the format of the News and tabbed layout of this new kvr... y'all tried this before, it still sucks!!!

!!! give me some oldage with the newage and I'm in heaven again. Or shun out two choices for users to choose when they visit, please... z' Im konfused.

is there a way to get rid of all these intrusive advert banners on the right?

Return to “Site Stuff”