New forum layout!

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Has anybody mentioned that the new forum layout has still got some problems?

I'm still hoping for centred text :|

That website tweak is completely useless for me, as I spend equal time on 3 different monitors - you have to change it depending on your screen :(

Variable width would solve that nicely, of course.
I've joined Lurkers Anonymous.

i like being able to set the width because ALL parts of the forum now look like this.

notice anything missing? :hihi:

however, i understand the need for automatic variable width. i'm just enjoying it this way while i got it
"Most people who experiment with drugs are not lying in the streets, suffocating on their own vomit. If you want to see some of that, go to the Pub on Saturday night at closing time." ozwest

Ubiety wrote:Ah, cool, a tweak button. Thanks! That's pretty cool. :)
You mean the one hidden behind the ad?

Teeny ironic eh?

Chris Walton wrote:Image
+1

Ok... here's my blunt solution for ppl using Firefox.

1. install the GreaseMonkey plugin
2. install this little script - http://sl.info.bg/tmp/kvrforumresizer.user.js

It resizes the layout to 99% and removes some divs that make the page a bit too high for me. Feel free to modify it.

THIS IS TOTALLY F*CKED UP! MY EYES HURT! :/

aciddose wrote:since a monitor does not have a binding and only one side is visible, centered blocks of text seem to make sense. they do not really serve any specific purpose or benefit however and they're actually quite wasteful in terms of the space used.
I agree with your first sentence but not with the second. I'm not an expert, but as I know the eyes just can focus in a little zone in the center. What's out from this zone is progresivelly out of focus and the brain makes the guessing of what there is. This outer zone is best suited to detect movement so you've got now:

The right zone into the area detecting movement (where the adds are)

The focus area in the left side of the monitor

The left zone that also detects movement out of the monitor.

This difference makes a "bleeding" in your brain from the right.

As said before I'm not that expert, but I think it goes this way.

edit.- Ok, ok, I hope THE word is better now :wink:
Last edited by Diek on Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diek wrote:
This difference makes a bleeding in your brain from the right.

kvr gives people strokes :omfg:

vurt wrote:
Diek wrote:
This difference makes a bleeding in your brain from the right.

kvr gives people strokes :omfg:
I could explain myself better in spanish :P

Fonts are suddelly messed-up since this evening. Quotes are displayed in an annoying font and the nav bar at th etop looks weird too.

Anybody has this too?
Can I adjust fonts somehow?
ngfnjhte?

Besides the out and out ugliness, it's the really f#cking annoying lag before pages are fully loaded that gets me.
I press the back/forward button, think it's done nothing so press it again and find myself two pages back/forward instead of one :x
RIP Black Tom and Beckett. They weren't just cats, they were MY cats, the best cats ever.

changing the width in the menu has now made the new style live-able-with. I can live with it :wink:

tuzemec wrote:Ok... here's my blunt solution for ppl using Firefox.

1. install the GreaseMonkey plugin
2. install this little script - http://sl.info.bg/tmp/kvrforumresizer.user.js

It resizes the layout to 99% and removes some divs that make the page a bit too high for me. Feel free to modify it.
Thank you. It works fine.

Ian B wrote:I press the back/forward button, think it's done nothing so press it again and find myself two pages back/forward instead of one :x
Twice today I did a "back" and crashed Firefox. :-( That happens to me so rarely that it seems noteworthy. Might be the fault of Firefox itself, dunno. It's the latest version, 2.0.0.8, on WinXP.

Return to “Site Stuff”