New forum layout!

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

where is this page to change the size, I can not find it

:cry: :cry:
I used to think the internet was going to unite mankind. Now I realize the internet is perhaps mankinds greatest wasteland of bickering, greed, and narrow minds. " And we all shine on, " Imagine that.

Red bar with your name on it (upper right); Members Area--it's there

SaviorNeeded wrote:Red bar with your name on it (upper right); Members Area--it's there

Oh thank you mate. Looks great. seems like 1280 suits my laptop just fine.

Its actually not a bad fix at all. I am really starting to like the new site, I know a lot of people hate it. but its really slick. and this is a good width.

Thanks Savior fer pointing that out.

cheers ben

peace...
I used to think the internet was going to unite mankind. Now I realize the internet is perhaps mankinds greatest wasteland of bickering, greed, and narrow minds. " And we all shine on, " Imagine that.

wow, thatnx fer pointin that out. things don't seem so "to the left" now.

thanx for listenin to us, site designer
"Most people who experiment with drugs are not lying in the streets, suffocating on their own vomit. If you want to see some of that, go to the Pub on Saturday night at closing time." ozwest

rokkon wrote:\o/

Better but still no fix as the forum area still doesn't rescale automatically. Which, IMO, would be a must.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

pough wrote:All because it dropped variable width!?
No, because it's too narrow and off-center.

farlukar wrote:
pough wrote:All because it dropped variable width!?
No, because it's too narrow and off-center.
Everything else is fine, but yeah, the off-center thing is annoying. Glad to see the resolution tweak - thanks, Ben! Now centred, please!

:D
I've joined Lurkers Anonymous.

:hyper:

Unles I'm missing something...........

With the old layout, if I was in say the Linplug forum, then wanted to go back to the main forum page, I went back to the position I was in before, now I press return/back and go back to the top of the main forum page and have to scroll all the way down to get to the forums at the middle/lower end of the page.

Not a biggie, but soooooo annoying imo.
RIP Black Tom and Beckett. They weren't just cats, they were MY cats, the best cats ever.

The option to alter browser width is a good idea well listened to. :lol:

Unfortunately, it's not supersqueekyclean yet. I selected 1280 and this is what I see now (no fit to width applied):

(Although it doesn't appear like that within a thread, just a forum)

I don't know ...

In the face of so much bewilderment and even irritation, I move that Ben simply change it back to the what it was before.
I personally would love it! :hail:

Aaahh! Now we're talking. That's MUCH better! Still a few elements in the right column that scream at me due to too high contrasts, and variable width would be cool, but I can live with that.

Thanks for listening :tu:
Of course, they're too dumb to be able to use a website. Pfeh.
Right! It's a common misconception that content has any meaning beyond its graphical impact. Who cares about ergonomics?! Every website should be designed to LOOK cool and stylish and nothing else. Oh wait... it's been done already all over the web... :P

werner

If I were Ben I would just cut out everything and do it Craigslist style.

Now wouldn't that be fun.

:hihi:

I must be blind because I don't see the "adjust browser width" feature. Can somebody point it out for me, please? Screenshot?
I Music.

The adjust does make things a lot better (I had to click on 'profile' then 'forum posts' and a magic new 'tweak option' appeared on the menu.

The menu up top goes a bit funny when increasing font size, but otherwise, I can increase to a nice readable font, and the posts pretty much fill my screen again.

Thank you for the fix. It's very much appreciated.

Return to “Site Stuff”