Synthedit entry in Wiki

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's been a while since I last browsed around the Wiki (shame on me since I'm one of the chief editors).

I noticed these two entries:

SynthEdit
Synthedit Music Plugin

I wonder if these are appropriate given the policy "Please don't add plug-ins and hosts to the KVRwiki".

SE is maybe a little different than a standard host, but Max/MSP/Pluggo, Synthmaker etc. aren't in the Wiki. Which presumably they will be if the consensus is to keep SE in.

Opinions? Keep or excise?

if anything id say a subheading under modular maybe?

I'm not even sure that's necessary. The tricky part for me is that the SEM entry has more merit than the main Synthedit entry . I don't think the main Synthedit entry does anything really beyond what's already in the KVR database.

As no objections were voiced, I've disabled the entries from the tags in the page controls. One complication is that I don't see how to enable them anew should the outcry for their return be high. I'm guessing Ben would have to do that.

I say delete it. SynthEdit is a program, not a principle or term or anything you would want to find in a wiki. Or keep it, but then also include other programs, so that I can at any time find out what a cubase or an ableton is.

Just my opinion. If you disagree, feel free to keep it listed. LOL!

Second thought, nah, delete it!

Return to “Site Stuff”