New skin of KVR...

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i think i can get used to it, but...
member of the guild of professional dilettantes.

aMUSEd wrote:Something's not rendering right in my browser (Firefox on Ubuntu). Everything is skewed to the left with an inch sized gap to the far right. Looks weird.
That's where the Google Ads go now...
Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.

Ben,

I like that you fixed the look of the top of the Latest Posts, but it looks like it just stops at the bottom. Maybe you could put an "end cap" on it like the top has, but maybe no text on it? Does that makes sense?

griels wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Something's not rendering right in my browser (Firefox on Ubuntu). Everything is skewed to the left with an inch sized gap to the far right. Looks weird.
That's where the Google Ads go now...
Ah - noscript filters those out

yes - the old one was much nicer...

agree ---terrible looking page.... bring back the old!

my eyes!

please turn it down (white background is blinding me late at night...)

could do with being a bit thicker here n there...

I hate it. Why mess with something that was obviously successful?

KEv

I think the color scheme is definitely out of balance with the new look, but that probably could be improved with a few iterations.

However I definitely do miss the latest news items overview at the top of the main page!!! This was one of the best features of KVR. Ben, please bring it back!

Regards,
{Z}

the white background looks ugly, and is too bright for my old eyes. :hihi:

maybe something like...
pastel yellow, pastel apricot, pastel peppermint, pastel blue,
or even a light gray shade, might be better?!

Improvements are always debatable. Habits are so strong. It's very hard to cover all user's needs, but it's very good when you see fresh feedback here. I have to say older layout was much better for many reasons especially ergonomy. I feel like an oldschool lover now :-) I love this site anyway. Vivat KVR.

Just throwing one thing out, a minor grip after giving the new layout some time...

When you select something in the quick links, the quick links disappear, with not much useful to take their place while there is still plenty of screen real estate to go around, and to see the quick links agian is an extra click.

I know it's not much, just one extra click really, but the old layout was very fluid and far less fiddly to me. You could go to entry-to-entry in the database to show people things like buttah, but not so much anymore, imo.

'last plug-in in database' was a great thing in the older version...
please add this again!!!

Return to “Site Stuff”