New skin of KVR...

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm getting into it. I think it could be a big improvement.

The Latest Posts column doesn't match anymore and needs to be freshened up to match everything else.

I think it'll look real good when it's all updated.
..::*Jack of all DAWs* brianbotkiller.com : OBEDIA.com::..

The Chase wrote: However, I wish the front page emphasized the forum-driven nature of KvR. If I found the front page I probably wouldn't even notice that the body of KvR is mostly a very large, active community of developers and musicians.
actually, the active posting body is quite small considering the membership base.
When I was first pointed to kvr, it was for the news and info. Certainly not the entertaining forum.

Hmm... KVR looks out of focus, eye hurting, hard to read and quite unbalanced this time.
"when you have nothing to say - shut up." -A friend of Luc Besson

Something's not rendering right in my browser (Firefox on Ubuntu). Everything is skewed to the left with an inch sized gap to the far right. Looks weird.

I think the old skin was better.

The new design is broken here... try increasing the font size in firefox (Control Key + scroll mouse wheel) as you'll see the panel on the right side of the screen drops to below the main content panel.

I see you are still using #fff bright white backgrounds too... please... don't do that. I don't know how else to stress/beg for you not to do that. but its a mistake... :( or at least give us an option to change the colors.

The fonts seemed to have shrunk too. shrinking font size is not a resolve to having a lot of content on a page..

the javascript menus are stellar though.. very slick.. my compliments on those!

Me too. This is ooooddd and too white. The previous scheme was wonderful, why change?
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

We might need some time to get accustomed to the new skin. My first reaction was: What?? I don't like this!
Next month I might say: wouldn't want to go back to the old skin anymore. So I'll give it some time (not that I have another choice ;) ).
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

Awful, awful skin. Very much gives you the urge to close the window and not bother with the bloated site.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

there's a new skin?

VitaminD wrote:The new design is broken here... try increasing the font size in firefox (Control Key + scroll mouse wheel) as you'll see the panel on the right side of the screen drops to below the main content panel.
Ah, that's it!! I've got a larger font size to compensate for the tiny pixel size on my monitor. It looks off:
My MusicCalc is temporary offline.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. :borg:

Ah...large fonts :dog: I just posted in the other thread, I have the same thing as C00kie and VitaminD.

There's no way I can switch to standard font size on this laptop though - UXGA (1600 x 1200) res on a 15" screen!

BERFAB wrote:I like it. Red Bar thingy with all my stuff at a click is cool. Plus, I bet your advertisers like their new announcement real estate. Very easy on the eyes to browse through.

Nice job.

-B
agreed, but I think it takes the mind a while to wrap around the simplicity?

and to add, once you go to a page like this (where I'm writing this) it just goes old school. :roll:

I really think the old skin and layout was VERY good.

Now it's like a new appartment without furniture and white walls.

The old warm look was WAY better and easy on the eyes

My 10 cents
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

Return to “Site Stuff”