New skin of KVR...

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!

Sorry to say, but I don't like the new skin of KVR! The most important thing of it was the Latest Post section. But now I have to scroll down so much until I can see it...

I don't think it is a step forward...

But that's only me
FLStudio - 24 Synths - 6 Effects - I am crazy

Oh yes , it hurts my eyes :x :x :x :x

I better go and get some sunglasses ... :-o

I really HATE white backgrounds :?

I hate it - the news is harder to read :shock: :shock: - BRING THE OLD FRONT PAGE BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by strav100 on Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the news seems to be in the right place now - odd
I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

The new front page layout is excellent, but I agree that the news item text (lite gray) is very difficult to read on white.

Still congrats, looks much better, cleaner and spacious.

I like it!

The forum also could be improved to cooler looking, and to fit more to the new design.

it was better before!!!

I like it. Red Bar thingy with all my stuff at a click is cool. Plus, I bet your advertisers like their new announcement real estate. Very easy on the eyes to browse through.

Nice job.

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

was better the old one

I like this one it could use some tweaking, but otherwise it's great!!
Mbox 2, iMac Intel, Trigger finger, Logic Express, Ableton Live Lite, FL Studio
animism | Youtube

new = good :D

Some cool stuff and some stuff I don't like. You can never tell whether you really like something better or worse right at the face of change.

However, I wish the front page emphasized the forum-driven nature of KvR. If I found the front page I probably wouldn't even notice that the body of KvR is mostly a very large, active community of developers and musicians.

Well, i don't really see the point in making the new releases take so much space while the screenshots are so small ?
As a "regular" kvr member, it takes a second to check new products, and i mostly come to use the forum, so i'd be pleased to have a little bigger space for forum headlines in the right row.
And as a GUi freak, i'd like to have a little less text space and more room for scshots ;)
(well, you know : ... my 2 cents...)

The Chase wrote:Some cool stuff and some stuff I don't like. You can never tell whether you really like something better or worse right at the face of change.

However, I wish the front page emphasized the forum-driven nature of KvR. If I found the front page I probably wouldn't even notice that the body of KvR is mostly a very large, active community of developers and musicians.
We're a flaky bunch. If I were in business, I wouldn't want us to be the face of it.

Plus this way, if Muse want to add content beyond news and forum (say for instance stories/columns like Pitchfork, or video like Sonicstate), then the front page is well-equipped to handle that.

Return to “Site Stuff”