Holy new front page, Batman!

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Jafo wrote:
My spies inform me that Voidoid Surrealist wrote:Funny how as soon as widescreen monitors become popular, a bunch of sites all start switching to narrow fixed width. :hihi:
Enh... those of us on 800x600 (not everybody has good vision) find it annoyingly wide. But it's no big deal.
See! People running 1680x1050 don't like it, and people running 800x600 don't like it!
Kill fixed-width!
Kill fixed-width!
Kill fixed-width!

:hihi:

Yuck...

just change it back mates..

Yeah, I'm sure that's going to happen.

Well the front page was one thing, but now that the forums have changed, I have to say I don't like the new look at all.
The alternative blue/brown posts have changed to 2 shades of blue (which is the only part about it that I like) but the message boxes are way too narrow. They look scrunched up and the whole thing gives a feeling of claustrophobia.
Lose the ad on the right (at least) and let's have a proper width of post again. :idea:
Last edited by Glassback on Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I agree about the narrowness. And the offset to the left of the screen.

After about 2 minutes, I'm finding it's giving me a bit of a headache.

shamann wrote:I agree about the narrowness. And the offset to the left of the screen.

After about 2 minutes, I'm finding it's giving me a bit of a headache.
Totally agree - browsing here is a decidedly uncomfortable experience now.
I keep feeling like I want to 'fix' things by dragging elements to the right, like you would if you had been tasked with fixing a badly formatted word document or web page at work.

I agree that the width is screwed. The forum takes up less than half of my screen - it looks horrible and squashed. The space to the right of forum posts is bigger than the space used by the posts. Not good!

I also think that a white background for text (on the front page) is generally a bad idea, as it isn't easy on the eyes. It puts me off even glancing through the news. Blue, on the other hand, is a great background colour, as we hardly notice it. As it is, the background is more eye-catching than the actual content.

Hmmm, I have mixed feelings about the fixed width - on one hand it sucks, but then again shorter verses make the posts a bit easier to read... The teribble new background colours for the news items and forum threads are much worse for me.
the the impotence of proofreading

Ouch, KVR at fixed width makes Lars a dull boy. I came in here and my eyes started to hurt. Took me a while to realise what had happened.. Sorry, me no like..
www.xlnaudio.com - Creators of "Addictive Drums"
Demo version available for download!
Check out the new Jazz Paks too :)

I have to agree that the fixed width when in the forums is a bad, nay, awful look. It's not natural at all. And the skew to the left...definitely a headache bringer.

hey it's getting worse and worse, here is a random forum page, totally annoying

Most of my thoughts have been said...It looks much nicer, but is far less ergonomical. There is SO much screen being wasted on things I don't care about - well, not so much not care about as much as not what should take up so much screen space - The latest plugs in the database are taking about a fifth of my screen space on a forum page. How about a much smaller latest database column that expands when I click on it? :)

c'mon now

:lol:

Return to “Site Stuff”