Holy new front page, Batman!

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gartanius wrote:news has no visible dates to it.
I'm guessing it's been updated, I can see dates there now (in light grey beside the headline).

nuffink wrote:
eduardo_b wrote:
nuffink wrote:
bduffy wrote:
nuffink wrote:I'm not much bothered about the feont page but a few thoughts on the latest posts page...

I'd like to see "Custom Latest Forum Posts List" somewhere other than on the dropdown but I can live with it as is.

However...

You've got to have "Private Messages (X new)" visible at all times. I just got a PM and found it by chance. It could conceivably have been there for weeks without me ever knowing
Don't you get email notifications of PM's?
No.
Don't you want to? Very handy, to say the least.
No.

And I'm posting in this thread to give feedback to ben, not to have a discussion with you two.
then why are you answering them? :roll:
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

:shock:
I'm scared!!!

KVR, where you can't even give the site admin feedback without some twat trying to turn it into a flamewar.
Now with improved MIDI jitter!

i dont like the fact that there is a huge waste of space on both sides
but i guess i'll survive that ;)
edit
tought maybe because of adblock and no scripts, but no here whitelisted

Muzik 4 Machines wrote:Image
That one shows that it is at least balanced on either side when displayed properly. I think the blank area is there to accommodate different screen resolutions.

thing is, do it(ie accomodate) the script should detect the resolution and always put the ads directly on either side, not having a fixed width middle with padding, just my opinion, i,m not a web designer, just a user

I'm guessing it's fixed-width because it uses picture files to define parts of its layout, like the rounded corners for the new item frame.

Reverse Engineer wrote:If latest posts was back on top, all would be sweetness. :tu:
+1 (or I get used to the mouseover but do not want)
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

what's the thinking behind the occasional disappearance of the left-hand menus? it's majorly inconvenient. when they're there you can navigate to whichever part of kvr with ease. when they're not there, well...good luck to the noobs!

petty 1st impression:

who turned on the F*#$ing lights?! :x

I rather liked the dark ambiance of my old KVR haven.

Other than that...looks ok.
...chasing beats through ghetto streets...

This new layout isn't displaying properly in the latest Opera...the new white section is centered and the sidebar way down at the bottom on the left.
Same type of weirdness with the new Latest Posts page layout.

Edit: I just updated Firefox and the new KVR pages look the same as my Opera screenshot.
IE 6 (which I never use) seems to work OK for me though.
Last edited by guitarzan on Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gartanius wrote:Only thing I don't care for about the new page is the date is missing from the announcements, and I lose track of what stuff I look at each day when I go to sites and the news has no visible dates to it.
To add to what I wrote - LOL, dates are visible with the news stuff now, which I didn't see when I first checked it out.

Random thought.. perhaps it'd encourage more people to join in the forum side of things if there were Digg/Reddit-style 'Comment' links on each news item, linking to a topic in the appropriate subforum. Could also have a 'News' meta-forum containing redirects to all the comments threads.

Cheers,
Angus.
This account is dormant, I am no longer employed by FXpansion / ROLI.

Find me on LinkedIn or elsewhere if you need to get in touch.

Return to “Site Stuff”