Holy new front page, Batman!

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I really like what's been done. The company announcements are nice and big and clear, and the personalized RED BAR is a nice touch.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

What would make less of an eye sore would be just to make the main page like a pageflakes or protopage. That way we could simply customize it the way we wanted to.. :shrug:
stay juicy!

The first glance was (negatively) shocking... here are my comments after a while:

I'd move the vertical banner from the very right to the very left side and the latest posts above the 'sponsored by'. The top margin with 'what's KVR' and such is a waste of space. I can't stand the news items in black on white, they don't match the overall darker tone of KVR and the contrast hurts my eyes. Please make them white on dark background.

I don't mean to sound negative, the layout is quite ok, but still a couple of tweaks from being really ergonomic and something I really like to use everyday (like the old front page).
the the impotence of proofreading

:shock: KVR has a front page

shamann wrote:The KVR bullseye looks way cooler with a black background.

One thing to note, if you guys start putting those little pop up "Vibrant Ad" things on key words in news items like they have over at Sonicstate, I will divorce you.
AdBlock is your friend.
Remember the iLokalypse Summer 2013

Samples and presets and free stuff!

I'm not much bothered about the feont page but a few thoughts on the latest posts page...

I'd like to see "Custom Latest Forum Posts List" somewhere other than on the dropdown but I can live with it as is.

However...

You've got to have "Private Messages (X new)" visible at all times. I just got a PM and found it by chance. It could conceivably have been there for weeks without me ever knowing
Now with improved MIDI jitter!

New front page looks great, but the login window is annoying. You shouldn't have to keep your mouse over the login window to keep it visible after selecting it. Can you please change it so selecting the login window with the mouse latches it open?
5, 4, 3, ..

nuffink wrote:I'm not much bothered about the feont page but a few thoughts on the latest posts page...

I'd like to see "Custom Latest Forum Posts List" somewhere other than on the dropdown but I can live with it as is.

However...

You've got to have "Private Messages (X new)" visible at all times. I just got a PM and found it by chance. It could conceivably have been there for weeks without me ever knowing
Don't you get email notifications of PM's?

bduffy wrote:
nuffink wrote:I'm not much bothered about the feont page but a few thoughts on the latest posts page...

However...

No.

Ah.

nuffink wrote:
bduffy wrote:

However...

No.
Don't you want to? Very handy, to say the least.
We escape the trap of our own subjectivity by
perceiving neither black nor white but shades of grey

eduardo_b wrote:
nuffink wrote:
bduffy wrote:

However...

No.
No.

And I'm posting in this thread to give feedback to ben, not to have a discussion with you two.

Only thing I don't care for about the new page is the date is missing from the announcements, and I lose track of what stuff I look at each day when I go to sites and the news has no visible dates to it.

nuffink wrote:
eduardo_b wrote:
nuffink wrote:
bduffy wrote:

However...

No.
No.

And I'm posting in this thread to give feedback to ben, not to have a discussion with you two.
Looks like the PM notice is always visible now. You cranky old c**t.

Good stuff. You can do something useful now. Rather than run a commentary on other peoples observations, send me a pm so I can see how it looks.

Return to “Site Stuff”