gig guide forum..

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?

good idea?

yes
60%
no
35%
angel.
5%

Total votes: 20

RELATED
PRODUCTS

not just to advertise members playing out live, also posting gigs in your area...
never know what youre missing until its too late sometimes eh ;)

How about a TV guide section too...i never turn the thing on to know if there are any rockin' music shows on, so i'd like that...and a radio guide, plus music magazine reviews, and perhaps a section dedicated to music that is performed specifically by hermaphrodites with eyelashes that exceed 1ft in length. :P I know i could google about a bit, but why bother? :hihi: :P

a vote for no is a vote against live music :P

I vote yes. I'm a complete recluse and hardly go to shows (even my own :D), but I like to know what I'm missing.

vurt wrote:a vote for no is a vote against live music :P
:lol:

vurt wrote:a vote for no is a vote against live music :P
I'm going to hell, aren't i? :cry: :P

The only reason i voted no is because i think KVR should keep a cap on how it expands, keep it related to the context of the site.

No one would shoot you, or anyone else, if they posted gig details in OT or everything else..., but to add more and more and more sections, even though they 'seem' to fit, isn't a good direction. Developers would just shimmy off to more 'dedicated' sites, and that would be our loss. :cry:

indeed, i never actually thought of that.
youre still going to hell though, thats nothing to do with this thread.

vurt wrote:youre still going to hell though, thats nothing to do with this thread.
Is there any way to earn a reprieve? :cry: Wait...you're an atheist/non believer are you not? Was that a twisted way of saying 'you're going nowhere'? :cry: :cry: :P

Voted no.

I would vote for yes if there were a way to ONLY see gig adverts in my area. Otherwise it would end up being a listing of what's happening in few big cities in other side of the globe. Probably there should be some kind of music style filter for it to work as well. I'm not going to attend any samba events in near future, I swear!
Truly mind-boggling music! - New album out! - And a blog!

I voted Angel ... does that mean I'm going to heaven?

:-o

Yes, but I live a long way from anyone besides morelia and Benedict (who don't come to my gigs anyway :cry:
I've joined Lurkers Anonymous.

I voted yes.

If we got one, given the pretty broad geographical base of KvR, it might be good to have fairly strict thread title formatting rules to make it easier to pick out the relevant stuff at a glance, eg

CITY - DD/MM/YY - other information

Why not a sticky thread in the music cafe section to start?

It could be called "Live Gigs by KVR members" or something like that... (your choice vurt) and I could make it a sticky to stay at the top of the cafe forum.

Would that be a reasonable start?

Paul

manytone wrote:Why not a sticky thread in the music cafe section to start?

It could be called "Live Gigs by KVR members" or something like that... (your choice vurt) and I could make it a sticky to stay at the top of the cafe forum.

Would that be a reasonable start?

Paul
Personally, I'd probably never look in a thread like that - a fairly small percentage of the posts would be about gigs in Britain, let alone my corner of it. The advantage of having a whole subforum would be that you could scan down the list of titles fairly easily to see what was relevant to you, paging through a long thread would take rather longer...
It's a rave, Lewis!

Good point, DWB :)
I've joined Lurkers Anonymous.

Return to “Site Stuff”