Spam Alert? -- Read This

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Ben [KVR]
Mr KVR
1293 posts since 23 Oct, 2000 from Newport Pagnell, UK
KVR Audio

Post Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:27 am

If you receive a "Spam Alert" when trying to post a message and you can't determine what is causing the alert please PM me the text that is being rejected and I'll check it out ASAP (and tweak the filter if necessary).

The spam filter can be a bit funky at times. I'm constantly tweaking it to try to make it most effective.

NOTE: It only affects members with less than 5 posts. After the fifth post the restrictions are lifted.

Roger_Linn
KVRian
1280 posts since 8 Jun, 2010
Roger Linn Design

Re: Spam Alert? -- Read This

Post Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:24 am

Hi Ben,

A new user of my forum on KVR tried to make the post below about a keyboard stand but was blocked by the spam filter. I assume the filter triggered on the company names. I'll ask him to remove the company names and try again but through it good to pass this along.

Thanks,
Roger Linn

Here's the post:

"You could go to Home Depot or Walmart or another similar retailer and pick up some:

3M command strips

or

3M dual lock

Command strips are double sided tape stickers that may secure your 128 to the top of your stand and then you can peel the command strip off by simply pulling a tab without any mess being left over on your gear. Dual lock by 3M is second only to magnets (maybe) when it comes to putting stuff together and being able to get them apart over-and-over repeatedly.

Dual lock fastener material is also available in a command strip format called Picture Hanging Strips. They can be peeled off without mess.

What you don't use of these products if after purchase it's not the ideal solution, you will most likely quickly find useful applications for around your music room.

Dual lock and command strips by 3M are worth knowing more about, magnets also."

CallMeRive
KVRer
6 posts since 16 Apr, 2019 from Chernarus

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:22 am

Hello! I'm having a problem posting an answer in the topic I created myself.
I PM'd Ben, but he seems to be offline, so is there anyone else I could write?

Roger_Linn
KVRian
1280 posts since 8 Jun, 2010
Roger Linn Design

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:11 am

Sorry, I'm not very familiar with KVR's rules or what's under the hood.

Hink
Rad Grandad
28877 posts since 6 Sep, 2003 from Downeast Maine

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:32 am

could you describe the problem here please? I am a mod, to be fair the technical side of things is not my expertise but it would surely help to know what the problem is and perhaps collectively we can come up with a solution :)
Albert Einstein may have been a genius but his brother Frank was a monster

CallMeRive
KVRer
6 posts since 16 Apr, 2019 from Chernarus

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:37 pm

Hink, my bad, sorry, I forgot to mention the most important part - it's a Spam Filter issue. Only applies to new members (I guess if I continue discussion here, I'll pass the threshould of 5 messages and the problem will dissapear).
I cannot post here my message that triggers the Spam Filter and I cannot understand myself which part of it is causing the issue.

Hink
Rad Grandad
28877 posts since 6 Sep, 2003 from Downeast Maine

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:55 pm

or go to off topic and post in a couple of those threads
Albert Einstein may have been a genius but his brother Frank was a monster

Return to “Site Stuff”