Too many Official Company Forums on KVR.

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?

Are there too many Official Company Forums on K-v-R ?

Yes
24%
No
41%
Bones
7%
Bones
7%
1-ply toilet paper, because masochism is my middle name.
5%
Who is BT ?
10%
I like crackers.
7%

Total votes: 118

RELATED
PRODUCTS

----Warning : The Subject line of this thread, and the question of the day, is just my opinion. But, am I the only one tired of scrolling like a madman these past 6-12 months as and endless stream of "Official Company Forums" are added ?? And please, don't get me wrong, I totally appreciate having some of them, like the 15-20 active ones. It's these ones that are never used, and for new companies with one product. Perhaps a 12 month, 2 product (at least for instruments/effects, maybe not hosts which are more complex) waiting period before getting a forum here needs to be implemented. I'm not interested in naming any names, but on any given week, there are crickets, not saying anything, silent crickets, in a dozen+ of these forums. Am I the only one noticing this and scratching my head going, "why bother?".

Jeff

It's official -- NOBODY likes crackers.

WHat? It's in a tie for 2nd place.

I think that ppl just need to be responsible and put their toys away when they have finished playing with them.

If not they could be introduced to my partner - one does not want to make a mess around my partner, one never leaves a mess around my partner more than once.

:lol:

i want a gforce forum that would ROCK

Actually, there is one thing I would like to change about the company forums page: they should have different colours, or better yet, company logos on the left or something. It can be daunting to pick out the right forum in that ocean of blue.

Logos are a good idea but you can also just KVRMark em.

:)

For me, there are 2 subjects in his thread :

- "too many forums" : I agree with liar&ashes = there are many and many and many entries. BUT I think it's good to see all kinds of devs at the same level. Some forums are very active, some not, that's life ! :?

- "tired of scrolling like a madman..." : Is'nt the answer in the design and the making of the website ? For example, we don't have to scroll down like madmen to get the 'Quick Instruments/Effects/Hosts/Devs..." lists, at the top-right corner of the home page of KvR . Why not the same tool for the "Official Company Forums" ? The lists woudld be ...shorter and easier to use, no ? 8) Logos and colours are good ideas, too ! :wink:
.:darl_chenu:.

Benedict wrote:Logos are a good idea but you can also just KVRMark em.

:)
Oh..yeah...how does that work again? The 'target' in the corner?

I'm sure the company forums are a major revenue stream for KVR.

If you are a developer, you get the benefit of having your forum placed where interested users may find you, as well as the physical hosting of your forum.

If you are a user, you get the oppertunity to find and exchange ideas with other people interested in the same things you are. Along with the Official company forums, you get all the other general threads, and KVR allows you to say basically anything you want in those threads.

Having a lot of company forums is what keeps this service free. It's just the way it is.

----Well, while some of the comments are a bit on the goofy side, as long as I haven't started a war of some kind then it's all good. I posted this thread/question, because I thought there were becoming/already are, too many Official Company Forums. However, as someone has already pointed out, perhaps it is just current site layout, that drives that perception. Anyways, glad to see no one has been really offended, yet at least, and umm, keep voicing your opinions and ideas, please.

Jeff

I am offended L&A

Oh, hang on that's offensive. I think I need a shower. :hihi:

Actually I'm off to be guest speaker at a 'how to be a star on the web and make search engines like you' event for work: http://www.brisbaneproton.com.au :D

have you considered getting out more often?

CypherOne wrote:have you considered getting out more often?
:hihi:
Organising a protest march this Friday Schlesische Strasse 28 ,10997 Berlin, Germany

I find with the customized latest posts, I rarely have cause to scroll through the forum page. I think having so many company forums is actually an asset.

Return to “Site Stuff”