How about a colour change for KVR??? Blue is nice but...

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been wanting this for ages. I know the current blue look is the trademark of KVR, and its easy on the eyes and good for reading lots of text, but i think different colours/shades of colours could also work. Blue is getting a bit samey samey after all these years and i think it makes the site look a bit dated. There is nothing wrong with blue... only this particular shade(s) of blue. A bit yucky!!!! :) Other than that, the layour is very good and functional.

The blue is in good taste, and is done very well. Looks nice, always had ..

At least, thank god, they got rid of the dumb dog, and the galery of dedicated users that wallpapered the front page for several years ... much TOO long to go without any variety or change.

It now looks classy. ( put the effort and money into upgrading the server ... )

-- atonal

I was gonna suggest this about 2 months ago! For me the white text on this grey/blue background is a real eye-killer!

I think they should lighten the colours a bit, make the place more sunny!
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Mabye a little more inconspicuous for work-time surfing :)

One day...

HunterKiller wrote:I think they should lighten the colours a bit, make the place more sunny!
I always thought it could be a bit darker :shrug:

I look forward to the day the colors change, and there will be 96865 threads about people crying that they dont like the new colors. :hihi:

I dunno man, darker coloured sites kinda remind me of those underground sites, full of you know what!

Maybe we could have a choice in our profiles, as to which "THEME" we view the site with. Many forums have that option, actually!

Why not KVR?

On the other hand I know its a lota work, so yes, probably one day...
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

I am fully satisfied with the "old" colour scheme.. If someone from "up there" wants to change it, it's okay. But PLEASE: Don't make a poll about the new scheme.. That would just mess the things up and make all the KVRists disappointed..

The Chase wrote: I look forward to the day the colors change, and there will be 96865 threads about people crying that they dont like the new colors. :hihi:

of course! just as they did when it changed from the black look it used to have.
anyway, blue is glorious!

Aye I remember the black look, I whined a lot too :lol:
These days it strikes me as rather odd when I seei it at wayback machine, all a matter of adapting I guess ...

Marco :)

If you don't like it, can't you use CSS these days to change it to what you want?

There are various ways, and I believe Firefox has a nice extension called Stylish or something which will allow you to make your themes public property so people can download the purple KvR, the lime green KvR.

There's quite a bit of flexibility available if you have someone who knows what they're doing.

Regards
Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

i love KVR's look as it is. :tu:

No No No ... it's not broken so don't fix it

cptgone wrote:i love KVR's look as it is. :tu:
+1

KVR uses phpbb and (probably) a custom built portal. I imagine it's safe to say that changing the colors would be a time consuming process.

Return to “Site Stuff”