kevvvvv's reply to recent forum mess

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Muff Wiggler wrote:uh bullshit. sorry but you guys have no place telling mods when they can and can't lock and delete threads. we don't need your permission, and if you don't like it, TOUGH.

I deleted a thread last night that needed deletion. It had ONE good post in it, and four pages of people defending warez and calling each other assholes. it made KVR look terrible.

you want to keep threads from being locked and deleted? you think it's a crime when threads get locked and deleted? then i have some simple advice for you all:

FOLLOW THE f**king RULES.

Don't discuss warez. Don't engage in foul attacks against each other.

Act like decent people and reasonable fellow members, and FOLLOW THE RULES.

Otherwise, THOUGH LOVE BABY, threads are going to be deleted and locked.

Moan all you want about how unfair it is but the rules have been carved in stone for a long time.

Mods aren't here to set some moral example or defend your freedom to be a prick. WE ARE HERE TO ENFORCE THE RULES THAT BEN HAS SET. END OF STORY.

Geez. :roll:
so KVR is going to continue deleting threads even when the yare not THAT bad like just happened because that is what we are talking about; what recently happened. If that is how KVR is going to be that sucks because I really liked this place for a long time. And I don't care if you are a mod or not you shouldn't talk to people like you do. Look at your own post.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

1-2-Many wrote:
The Chase wrote:oh ffs...please, please move on. I'm pretty sure he's learned his lesson here: KvR is full of crying nannies.
No offense, but if it bothers you so much Chase, why don't you just 'move on' to other threads - I think some people are having some very constructive dialogue here - to call them crying nannies is a bit childish.
because the issue REALLY should have been past by now, and these threads are all over the place. If you "move on" you still see them everywhere. No one has been hurt and this isnt nearly the first time KvR has seen such an explosion, so why doesnt everyone pick up their marbles and get on with life?
I like you Chase, I think you add some much needed fun and sillyness here, but jumping in on people for sharing their thoughts (that you don't agree with) by calling them babies or telling them to grow up doesn't promote an open community where members should feel free to speak their minds within the reasonable limits of a civil discussion.
Im not jumping on anyone here, and Bones has already shared his same oppinion 1000 times. Starting threads about it all over the place (some in all-caps) is hardly civil discussion in my mind.

Muff Wiggler wrote:uh bullshit. sorry but you guys have no place telling mods when they can and can't lock and delete threads. we don't need your permission, and if you don't like it, TOUGH.

I deleted a thread last night that needed deletion. It had ONE good post in it, and four pages of people defending warez and calling each other assholes. it made KVR look terrible.

you want to keep threads from being locked and deleted? you think it's a crime when threads get locked and deleted? then i have some simple advice for you all:

FOLLOW THE f**king RULES.
Hmm. So this is the problem. Thanks for demonstrating where the issue is. You. So much for others making KVR look terrible.

Ever heard the phrase "letter of the law versus spirit of the law" by any chance? You should memorize it. And then learn how to use moderation, which, as you may have noticed, is a variation of moderator.

:smack:
We escape the trap of our own subjectivity by
perceiving neither black nor white but shades of grey

oh FFS still it goes on!

KVR *is* full of crying ninnies! :tantrum: :smack: :uhuhuh:

what makes it seriously odd that most of you are probably about twice my age.

ATS wrote:so KVR is going to continue deleting threads even when the yare not THAT bad like just happened because that is what we are talking about; what recently happened. If that is how KVR is going to be that sucks because I really liked this place for a long time. And I don't care if you are a mod or not you shouldn't talk to people like you do. Look at your own post.
Well, KVR has been doing it for a LONG time, at least as long as I've been a member, which is years. It's nothing new, and no-one suggested that the mods were going to re-visit their long-standing policies and consider not locking or deleting offensive material anymore (and why should they considering that the behaviour on the boards is going downhill)

And I'm sorry you don't like my tone - hopefully at least it betrays the frustration that mods like myself are feeling at the attitude, language, and accusations that are being thrown at US wholesale these days in threads like this, just because we are working hard to try to apply BEN'S RULES in a fair and consistent manner. Which, as it has always meant, means locking and/or deleting threads that are offensive and break the rules. You can't call us c**ts and attack the difficult decisions we have to make in order to provide a great forum to the tens of thousands of people who come here, and expect us to be all "thank-you ma'am". Sorry but we are humans too.

Hmm. So this is the problem. Thanks for demonstrating where the issue is. You. So much for others making KVR look terrible.

Ever heard the phrase "letter of the law versus spirit of the law" by any chance? You should memorize it. And then learn how to use moderation, which, as you may have noticed, is a variation of moderator.

Thanks for the wonderful advice :roll: You've added so much to this discussion.

ctmg wrote:
Markleford wrote:BONES, if you weren't such a sensitive c**t
And I remembered - hey, what did Ben say about calling others c**ts or f**kers or whatever? If I remember correctly, he said a temporary ban.
Well golly, I didn't see that post by Ben. Somehow, I'm just not able to read every single post that comes across the tube. Maybe you are. But if this is to be enacted as official policy then it should be noted as such in a prominent place. Since it's not found there, well, I guess it's not official policy.

The basic credo that I go by, though, as listed here, is "KVR isn't a free for all democracy where you can say what you like about who you like, respect one another and they will respect you." However, given BONES' constant ability to crap on any given thread, he's pretty much thrown respect out the window.

And I'm pretty sure he knows he can be a c**t. It's a way of life, really, not just a term of disparagement!
So I wanted to point out what a great example our own mods are setting.
And it's fucktards like you who think they're so very clever by creating a rift between unpaid volunteer mods and you long-suffering put-upon innocent citizens that aren't helping this to get any better.

Well golly, you've caught another mod talking like a normal person! Funny thing is, mods *are* normal people. In fact, they're individuals and not some cloned group of automatons that all think the same way.

So saying "great example our mods are setting" is a load of bullshit. I am *one *mod. I speak for no other mods. We are not bound to any oath of office otherwise.

So say "In my opinion, Markleford is a dick and shouldn't be a mod", and don't try to play the halfwit pundit like you are by making sweeping judgments on one incident. Given my long record here, people will take your comment with the weight it deserves.

Most will translate it correctly as "Markleford can *definitely* be a dick when confronted by self-righteous pricks who use fallacious logic that try to 'trap' the administration in apparent inconsistencies without the knowledge that forum administration is in fact a delicately balanced system of rules and exceptions and lenience and forgiveness that take into account specific circumstance and past overall behavior and contribution in lieu of strictly codified analytical equations."

In other words, mods do their best with what they're given, and often times they're given more trouble than it's worth. Sometimes they make mistakes, because they're human and have their own emotion. But generally they do good. However, if they show a trend of doing consistently bad things, they will obviously be removed from the position, though such behavior in one should not be used to incriminate the lot of them, being individuals.

- m
Markleford's band, The James Rocket: http://www.TheJamesRocket.com/
Markleford's tracks: http://www.markleford.com/music/
Markleford's free MFX, DXi2, DR-008 modules: http://www.TenCrazy.com/

bottom line
in the forum rules and FAQ ben wrote:If a thread is locked or deleted this happened for good reason so don't start another thread demanding to know why the first thread was locked/deleted as that too will also be locked/deleted - if you wish to complain about such an incident please contact us privately.
it DOESNT say
spit your dummy and start a shitload of whining threads about it
slainte ;) rob

+10000 @ Markleford and pHz

i need to make more verbose posts here i think

lest i be in danger of looking like the mods halfwitted mentalist cousin

oh wait

slainte :scared: rob

I'm all for the mods getting temp ban powers to be used against trolls & twats & locking threads (with explanations), deleting threads (only when absolutely necessary) & whatever they need to do to moderate this place & keep it running smooth & minimise the bollox.
KVR needs it.
KVR in my humble opinion strikes a bloody good balance, but a number of trolls & twats appear to have attempted to take advantage of it's good-naturedness.

Muff Wiggler wrote:

Thanks for the wonderful advice :roll: You've added so much to this discussion.
In fact, I am adding to the discussion by pointing out that the rules are not black and white, and when invoking the rules (or as you like to say, Ben's rules) because that's what you're supposed to do, demonstrate some wisdom.

Example. Unless a post actually points to a place where warez can be acquired, leave the goddamn threads alone. Discussions of warez, cracks, piracy and whatever are an inherent part of the focus of KVR -- software. Stop pretending otherwise.

Example. Are you receiving complaints that obscene posts or threads are on KVR? No? I didn't think so. Who the hell are you protecting? Not us, thank you very much.

Geez, man, chill out and stop trying to be so anal about the rules. All this locking and deleting is not making KVR a great place.
We escape the trap of our own subjectivity by
perceiving neither black nor white but shades of grey

read the rules and stop trying so hard to dig up shit and see how many people you can make look bad. it's getting REALLY tired mate and it's not making you look very good. it's not your job to tell us how to do OUR jobs or to interpret the rules, thats what the MODS and BEN do, NOT YOU. the rules say quite blatently that KVR is NOT a place to DISCUSS warez. but you knew this already, didn't you? please stop your smug shit stirring, it's really not doing you any good. and quit pretending you give a crap about the forum, you've shown recently you are very happy to work towards tearing it apart.
Last edited by Muff Wiggler on Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eduardo_b wrote:Example. Unless a post actually points to a place where warez can be acquired, leave the goddamn threads alone. Discussions of warez, cracks, piracy and whatever are an inherent part of the focus of KVR -- software. Stop pretending otherwise.
no need to pretend
in the forum rules and FAQ ben wrote:Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Users linking to, asking for information about, or blatantly bragging about using, warez, crackz, pirated sample content, re-printing material without permission, etc. will result in your post being edited / deleted, and you may be issued with a warning and / or a ban.
slainte :| rob

Return to “Site Stuff”