kevvvvv's reply to recent forum mess

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well I think it a was a completely f**ked decision and not something I can recall ever seeing here before. Lock the thread, ban members if you think it's warranted but when the threads are gone, no-one is in any position to judge the correctness of the action. maybe locked threads should automatically be deleted after 48 hours or somethign but, as I've said 20 times before, i started a thread because I wanted to canvas opinion on a valid subject and kevvvv decided that I didn't deserve to get any anwsers.
Maybe if you were in my position you would see it a little differently but it makes me wonder why I should bother to post anything if it can be summarily removed because of the actions of other individuals. I thought of this the other day but I can't remember if I posted it or not but - if I wanted a thread deleted because I didn't agree with the prevailing sentiment, I could just make a dick out of myself and start calling all and sundry a c**t and it would be removed. Pretty cool way of engineering opinion, isn't it?
In my view you take action, you leave evidence available for all to see and understand, then we can all move on. As it is, I still have no idea why my thread was deleted.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I'm not getting the witch hunt part???

Do you mean that if your not with the program that the witch will burn. Because anyone who voiced an opinion about charging for skins over at the reFX got burned by being banned. If they spoke up they were gone. So were to voice ones opinion??? ahh kvr!

But wait...take a valid topic such as "charging for skins" (and please, if you counter this post, state that you don't think this is a valid topic so I know you just looned)...now it gets flipped around and were the bad guys beating someone up? Granted it had very little to do with the synth (and I'm sure it's great just like everything else they put out), I was OK with bluedad moving it (preferably ot OT not HPC, oh well). But a witch hunt...I'm not seeing it. I said it in another post and I'll say it again:
Someone did someone a big favor.

Unfortunatly I think your seeing an unforseen backlash...not a witchhunt.

ew: you made very good points, but (I feel) letting one topic steer its way until it died out (which it typically does here and that topic being no exception at all) would have been the easiest and simple choice. I hold no disdain to any mod (especially the hard working mods here) you guys have a tough job. I'll kiss more ass (kevvv's included) and state you guys have done a bang-up job considering the growth over the past two years. One choice will not alter my admiration...three will though :hihi:
The armchair is more than the sum of the bastards

kevvvvv wrote:
> I genuinely loathe witch hunts

kev
He did a pretty good job in starting one against himself :hihi:
RIP Black Tom and Beckett. They weren't just cats, they were MY cats, the best cats ever.

VitaminD wrote:but non seriously.. witch hunts? bleh.. what about warlock hunts? :P :hihi:
I hate warlocks. Cheap bastards with big DOTs. How can a hunter do anything without all tier 2 gear?

BONES wrote:Well I think it a was a completely f**ked decision and not something I can recall ever seeing here before. Lock the thread, ban members if you think it's warranted but when the threads are gone, no-one is in any position to judge the correctness of the action. maybe locked threads should automatically be deleted after 48 hours or somethign but, as I've said 20 times before, i started a thread because I wanted to canvas opinion on a valid subject and kevvvv decided that I didn't deserve to get any anwsers.
Maybe if you were in my position you would see it a little differently but it makes me wonder why I should bother to post anything if it can be summarily removed because of the actions of other individuals. I thought of this the other day but I can't remember if I posted it or not but - if I wanted a thread deleted because I didn't agree with the prevailing sentiment, I could just make a dick out of myself and start calling all and sundry a c**t and it would be removed. Pretty cool way of engineering opinion, isn't it?
In my view you take action, you leave evidence available for all to see and understand, then we can all move on. As it is, I still have no idea why my thread was deleted.
I am with Bones on this one. Not that I don't like kevvv or resent him or anything I just think it wrong to delete the threads. To call everyone who posted in or started a thread about Nexxus a witch hunter is pretty ignorant too imo.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ew wrote:As much as I see your point, BONES (and I do), I'll have to side with kevvvvv here. Being a mod of a few forums myself, I definitely see the logic behind his viewpoint.

The whole thing is, you delete a post and then you have z complaining "why did you delete x's post? y's was much worse", and then the bickering starts. Pretty soon, it spirals out of control...

It's much easier and better in the long run to delete the whole thread and let the chips fall where they may. Fortunately, I've never been in that situation, but speaking as a mod I'd do exactly what kevvvvv did. It's a tough decision :( , but I think he made the right one.

ew
Er, and why delete ANYTHING AT ALL??!! I don't think your logic is at all logical, because we weren't discussing post deletion, but rather entire thread deletion :shrug:

I DO agree that it's a tough job, and I think the entire issue is balanced now, thanks to kevvvv's almost-apology, and BONES bringing attention to the issue. Even if it hasn't ended to the satisfaction of all parties, I think even BONES would agree that his point is made, AND that kevvvv is unlikely to move so quickly in future.

Therefore, let's move on, eh?

:)
I've joined Lurkers Anonymous.

Aye -- let's move on and, perhaps over a friendly slab, reflect on the errors of mankind, that we're all human, and call it done now. ;)

Yeah, I think the point was made. The mods will definitely be thinking twice about deleting threads now especially for fear of possible shit storm.

adj wrote:Aye -- let's move on and, perhaps over a friendly slab, reflect on the errors of mankind, that we're all human, and call it done now. ;)
I agree

although $20 for a skin is a bit steep... :hihi:

CypherOne wrote:
adj wrote:Aye -- let's move on and, perhaps over a friendly slab, reflect on the errors of mankind, that we're all human, and call it done now. ;)
I agree

:dog:

:smack:

:hihi:

CypherOne wrote:
I agree

Don't forget, $20 is only the introductory price, they go up to full price at the end of January :hihi:
RIP Black Tom and Beckett. They weren't just cats, they were MY cats, the best cats ever.

BONES wrote:Well I think it a was a completely f**ked decision and not something I can recall ever seeing here before. Lock the thread, ban members if you think it's warranted but when the threads are gone, no-one is in any position to judge the correctness of the action. maybe locked threads should automatically be deleted after 48 hours or somethign but, as I've said 20 times before, i started a thread because I wanted to canvas opinion on a valid subject and kevvvv decided that I didn't deserve to get any anwsers.
oh ffs...please, please move on. I'm pretty sure he's learned his lesson here: KvR is full of crying nannies.

Plus: http://www.samplesquad.com/corsair/ :love:

The Chase wrote:oh ffs...please, please move on. I'm pretty sure he's learned his lesson here: KvR is full of crying nannies.
No offense, but if it bothers you so much Chase, why don't you just 'move on' to other threads - I think some people are having some very constructive dialogue here - to call them crying nannies is a bit childish.

I like you Chase, I think you add some much needed fun and sillyness here, but jumping in on people for sharing their thoughts (that you don't agree with) by calling them babies or telling them to grow up doesn't promote an open community where members should feel free to speak their minds within the reasonable limits of a civil discussion.

Carry On

Watto wrote:I think even BONES would agree that his point is made, AND that kevvvv is unlikely to move so quickly in future.
One would hope so but I didn't see anythign in kevvvvv's post that indicated he wouldn't do it again if he thought it justified. He hasn't said anythign to indicate that he wouldn't do it all over again if he thought it would cause any "trouble", which it probably wouldn't have if it weren't for two members. I am in no way mollified by his statement.
1-2-Many wrote:No offense, but if it bothers you so much Chase, why don't you just 'move on' to other threads - I think some people are having some very constructive dialogue here - to call them crying nannies is a bit childish.
I like you Chase, I think you add some much needed fun and sillyness here, but jumping in on people for sharing their thoughts (that you don't agree with) by calling them babies or telling them to grow up doesn't promote an open community where members should feel free to speak their minds within the reasonable limits of a civil discussion.
I don't give a shit what chase has to say. I'd resigned my commission before he was born. If he was capable of seeing past the end of his nose he might understand the issue. Actually I'm surprised that anyone has seen much value in kevvvv's statement at all. He hasn't apologised for anything, it's more like a love letter to KVR. In fact, if anything, he's attempting to justify his actions.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Site Stuff”