kevvvvv's reply to recent forum mess

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Muff Wiggler wrote: would you guys freak out if i used that as a reason to finally lock this sad thread? or would you call me inconsistent if i didn't? :hihi:
For the love of Pete, please do.

Bones' blood pressure is unlikely to come down any time soon.

Victor.

uh bullshit. sorry but you guys have no place telling mods when they can and can't lock and delete threads. we don't need your permission, and if you don't like it, TOUGH.
I was one of the people claiming that deleting threads is a genuinely bad idea, so I guess this was aimed at me. And to be honest that makes me kinda sad and disappointed. But then I guess I've misunderstood this part of the forum. It says "How can we improve KVR" and that's why I suggested what I did. I did not mean it as an attack on the mods but as a simple suggestion on how to make KVR an even better place.

Cause to me it's common sense. If your computer gets infected with a virus you don't randomly delete any infected files you come across. You try to remove the actual infection. Same goes for a forum, solve the problem at the roots, don't just cut off the sick branches.

In my eyes KVR has been way too tolerant when it comes to personal attacks and bashing. And to be honest I had no idea threads were being deleted on a regular basis. But I guess that's the problem. Obviously some people in threads now deleted have broken the forum rules. But who? and to what degree?

But I'm really not here to fight, I'm just here to make some plugins and have a fun time doing it. So if I'm seen as one of the troublemakers I'll just shut upp and stay away for a while.

/Majken

can we please keep rehashing this over and over? please?

c'mon, one member at a time. we'll just keep going through it over and over.

thanks guys.

whyterabbyt wrote:
eduardo_b wrote: Moderators need the respect of those who participate on KVR. They can earn it or they can lose it. It's not up to us to give it to them if they don't earn it.
There probably isnt a moderator here who doesnt have more respect than you do. For one thing, I dont see any of them trying to speak for the entirety of KVR e.g.
Certainly one of the reasons this issue of deletion is still being discussed is because for those who participate here, the disappearance of threads destroys the very purpose of KVR boards and simply makes the process arbitrary
Utter bullshit.

Its amazing, though. Ive seen you push your pro-warez agenda into every thread you can find. And surprise, surprise, you've managed to find yet another thread to bring it up in, under the masquerade of trying to tell other people how they should do their job, despite the fact that the guy who actually gets to tell them has already done so. That'd be the same guy who set up the rules on warez that you have such a big issue with by the way. You really do think a lot yourself, dont you?

You want a forum where moderators need to consent in threes to delete something, and every possible warez thread is welcome? f**k off then, start your own forum, and get the hell out of ours.

Because quite frankly, this place doesnt get worse because threads get deleted; it gets worse because of two kinds of people... the trolling assholes, and the people like you and BONES who insist that the only opinion that should be tolerated on a subject is that which agrees with your own.
You've certainly got a way with words mate.

+101

advaya wrote:
+101
That's actually the ideal name for the sub section of HPC

ROOM 101 - where all these sorts of thread would best fit :hihi:

Kingston wrote:oh FFS still it goes on!

KVR *is* full of crying ninnies! :tantrum: :smack: :uhuhuh:

what makes it seriously odd that most of you are probably about twice my age.
EXACTLY!! THis was posted on page 5!! And I thought it took to long for THIS to happen.. I can never comprehend some peoples motives in a situation as stupid as this.. I dont care what or who or wwhy it got deleted, but get the f**k over it already. People on BOTH sides of the coin have to!! The mods who continued this shit with this thread and Bones and whoever is into his point of view.. Certainly all valid, but after 1 page or so, everything has been said and now its about as stupid of a thread I have ever seen among "grown" men/./
link to my Asspace page(Myspace) This has become a necessary evil http://www.myspace.com/worldofshit1

Hmmm, I remember a few months back when Roger Nichols was burned at the stake. I helped with that gleeful task. I did'nt see much objection to that.....ha, ha..it was really fun and (in my mind) totally justified. In a great sense, the high profile forums can make or break an outfit. Hey, you should have seen BigBlueLounge..they ripped him up also......ha, ha....even Nichol's own friggin forum bashed him hard.

So there is the righteous and the unrighteous hunt. Seems to me the only question in this thread to be answer is.....was the hunt for reFx and M. K. and their company policies righteous or not?

Who will cast the first stone in this thread?

I remember that topic - Elemental Audio have RN as a front man (topics still in the effects section), it was all a bit crazy and my view was BOTH were at fault for the outcry - but I cannot see any parallel in the topics between EA and reFX - other than how the forum took hold of the debate to its conclusion without a lockdown for the EA RN topic.

However the situation was Very Different imo to the small skin issue that turned ballistic, and probably why the reFX topic got snuffed while the other EA topic remains.

Killvehicle wrote:People on BOTH sides of the coin have to!! The mods who continued this shit with this thread and Bones and whoever is into his point of view.
damned if i do and damned if i dont

yes it was a mod who started this thread but the issue was then widened (by members) to the way KVR is modded as a whole - given this is a fairly fundamental issue to what this place is surely we have to at least explain (as individuals) our take on things ?

if that means noses get put out of joint a little then so be it

on the whole im more than happy with the way my fellow mods do their (voluntary) job - im sure if ben had any problems with it we would be the first to know

slainte :shrug: rob

whyterabbyt wrote:
eduardo_b wrote:
It's a mystery how someone so foul-mouthed and vicious, and who is a living monument to ad hominem attacks, never has his posts deleted and is never banned. Maybe the mods are afraid of pissing you off. But you're in a perpetual state of nasty aggravation, so that doesn't seem likely. You get to ignore the "rules" and it's okay. Whatever. Some day you'll die from your own venom.
We escape the trap of our own subjectivity by
perceiving neither black nor white but shades of grey

This thread is about kevvvvv's response to his recent actions. As such, I'm sad to see this discussion turn its attention on all the mods, and members attacking each other - IMO the other mods have nothing they need to explain or be defensive about. I appreciate all they do here (yes, even kevvvvv), and recently have become more aware and appreciative of their jobs. I have no problem with threads being edited, locked or moved, and since that's a judgement call for each the indivual mod, there's going to be a little trouble with consistency - so be it. My only request is that when so doing an explanation is given so that members can learn what is not acceptable.

When a thread is locked, everyone still has the history of it and can deduce for themselves why (although a closing statement by the locker is much appreciated).
Harm is only done when threads are deleted and nothing is said about it anywhere for days on end. This was what got all this spiralling out of control here IMO.

I too am a bit underwhelmed by kevvv's reply, but at least I know somewhat his reasons now. Thanks kevvvvv

As my father in law always says, when correcting anyone, "In the future......" ;)

eduardo_b wrote:wah wah wah
Feel free to try and find 3 moderators who agree with you then. Then tell them what to do. Then wave your little warez flag.

Let me know how it all goes...
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt, your quote is great....

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here."

.....and ironically it is quite appropriate for this thread! Kudos to you! :hihi:
"a confession without need of absolution, without need of redemption"

Shall we move this to hyde park corner :hihi:

Hmmm ... and maybe Ben could change my moniker from vvvvvvvvvv's to Witch Hunter. Yes :hihi:
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

OK.

The betting is on.

HPC by page 12 at 2:1

Return to “Site Stuff”