kevvvvv's reply to recent forum mess

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
User avatar
kevvvvv
vvvvvvv
2356 posts since 24 Oct, 2000 from skelmersdale, west lancs, uk

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:18 am

I've never made a public statement like this before, so here goes:

I'm sorry about all the mess as I have a lot of love for KVR and hate to see it dragged down for any reason.

KVR has been a great thing over the years, and has been at the leading-edge of music because us, the members, have wanted it so, and made it so.

We've all got reason to be proud of what we've helped to build.

As for me?

I'm not just a Mod. I'm a member too, probably longest-serving active member here.

It's obvious I love the place as much as anyone.

As such, I've got a strong distaste for witch hunts. Loathe them.

To see an incensed pack descend on one or two individuals is human behaviour at its worst.

The witch hunt that started everything off was a lengthy thread condemning Nexus and - here's the rub - no one had actually played it.

Anyway, I'm not here to discuss this now. Just to simply say what I saw through my eyes.

If you see my name around KVR, please remember:

> I genuinely love this place

> I genuinely regret all the recent trouble

> I genuinely loathe witch hunts

kev
Member 12, Studio One 4, Avenger 1.5 + 12 xps, Dune 3, Microtonic drums, Pigments, Arturia 6, Atom & Impact XT, Izotope Neutron & Ozone, Valhalla, Spire, Panagement

simesf
KVRist
363 posts since 18 Oct, 2003 from UK in t'north canny good like

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:38 am

Well said and all due respect for your views & forbearance.
www.drippycat.com - switchaball for iPhone, switchballHD for iPad

opia
KVRAF
2631 posts since 12 Oct, 2005 from the garden state

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:42 am

but he turned me into a newt!

simesf
KVRist
363 posts since 18 Oct, 2003 from UK in t'north canny good like

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:46 am

But you got better...
www.drippycat.com - switchaball for iPhone, switchballHD for iPad

User avatar
bluedad
something special
8466 posts since 16 Mar, 2002 from Birmingham, Alabama

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:01 am

kevvvvv wrote:
> I genuinely love this place
I know how you feel.
:hug:

djsubject
KVRAF
10826 posts since 26 Nov, 2004 from UK

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:06 am

lets get that witch!!!!!!

:hihi:


it seems you did upset a good few members mate, i was not one of them,

:)

bool
KVRist
257 posts since 18 Dec, 2004

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:32 am

http://www.buddhanet.net/pdf_file/volition.pdf

In other words: to each their own. Hunting is by no means a noble act.

TVD
KVRian
1411 posts since 25 Sep, 2003 from The Dirty South, USA

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:27 pm

kevvvvv wrote:I've never made a public statement like this before, so here goes:

I'm sorry about all the mess as I have a lot of love for KVR and hate to see it dragged down for any reason.

KVR has been a great thing over the years, and has been at the leading-edge of music because us, the members, have wanted it so, and made it so.

We've all got reason to be proud of what we've helped to build.

As for me?

I'm not just a Mod. I'm a member too, probably longest-serving active member here.

It's obvious I love the place as much as anyone.

As such, I've got a strong distaste for witch hunts. Loathe them.

To see an incensed pack descend on one or two individuals is human behaviour at its worst.

The witch hunt that started everything off was a lengthy thread condemning Nexus and - here's the rub - no one had actually played it.

Anyway, I'm not here to discuss this now. Just to simply say what I saw through my eyes.

If you see my name around KVR, please remember:

> I genuinely love this place

> I genuinely regret all the recent trouble

> I genuinely loathe witch hunts

kev
No sweat Kevvvvv! 8)

Freeform
KVRist
494 posts since 23 Sep, 2003 from Washington

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:30 pm

fish. :)
--_ yup.... _--

TVD
KVRian
1411 posts since 25 Sep, 2003 from The Dirty South, USA

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:31 pm

In fact Kevvvvv, my only complain is that of all of the mods, you're THE most quiet one. I wish you had more time to post more.

adj
KVRAF
2356 posts since 24 Jan, 2001 from In your head...

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:44 pm

Ace chap you are Kev -- no worries mate. :tu:

ouroboros
KVRAF
7883 posts since 16 Apr, 2003 from -on the outside looking in

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:04 pm

+1 :)
..what goes around comes around..

User avatar
BONES
GRRRRRRR!
9033 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:36 pm

You regret, that's it? You don't feel that you overstepped the mark by deleting threads completely? Of course, its impossible to know whether or not you may have been justified because I never got to read any of the replies to my own thread and hadn't read anything at all on any of the others. But from what I've read since, there didn't seem to be anything happening that doesn't happen on dozens of threads every week that go completely unmoderated. So I'm left to decide whether I trust your judgement over that of several other members. Its a difficult position you've put yourself in. I can see nop justifiable reason to delete an entire thread if there was even one valid post, and my initial post was certainly valid and only peripherally about Nexus anyway.
NOVAkILL 4.0 : Dell G7 17 (Core i7, 8GB RAM, Win10), UR44C, Cubase, DUNE, Thorn, TRK-01, Equator, Hive, Substance, Arcsyn, Aparillo, Straylight, Quanta, Trueno, Analog Keys, MicroMonsta, Uno, Skulpt, Craft 2.

VitaminD
Pick Me Pick me!
8799 posts since 12 Mar, 2002 from a state of confusion

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:46 pm

I never really saw the need to get so worked up over deleting threads completely.. especially when nothing helpful was really coming out of them... only whining, anger, and grumbling..


---
but non seriously.. witch hunts? bleh.. what about warlock hunts? :P :hihi:
"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best." - Henry Van Dyke

User avatar
ew
KVRAF
9210 posts since 23 Jul, 2002 from Pequot Lakes, MN

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:47 pm

As much as I see your point, BONES (and I do), I'll have to side with kevvvvv here. Being a mod of a few forums myself, I definitely see the logic behind his viewpoint.

The whole thing is, you delete a post and then you have z complaining "why did you delete x's post? y's was much worse", and then the bickering starts. Pretty soon, it spirals out of control...

It's much easier and better in the long run to delete the whole thread and let the chips fall where they may. Fortunately, I've never been in that situation, but speaking as a mod I'd do exactly what kevvvvv did. It's a tough decision :( , but I think he made the right one.

ew
A spectral heretic...

Return to “Site Stuff”