kevvvvv's reply to recent forum mess

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've never made a public statement like this before, so here goes:

I'm sorry about all the mess as I have a lot of love for KVR and hate to see it dragged down for any reason.

KVR has been a great thing over the years, and has been at the leading-edge of music because us, the members, have wanted it so, and made it so.

We've all got reason to be proud of what we've helped to build.

As for me?

I'm not just a Mod. I'm a member too, probably longest-serving active member here.

It's obvious I love the place as much as anyone.

As such, I've got a strong distaste for witch hunts. Loathe them.

To see an incensed pack descend on one or two individuals is human behaviour at its worst.

The witch hunt that started everything off was a lengthy thread condemning Nexus and - here's the rub - no one had actually played it.

Anyway, I'm not here to discuss this now. Just to simply say what I saw through my eyes.

If you see my name around KVR, please remember:

> I genuinely love this place

> I genuinely regret all the recent trouble

> I genuinely loathe witch hunts

kev
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Well said and all due respect for your views & forbearance.
www.drippycat.com - switchaball for iPhone, switchballHD for iPad

but he turned me into a newt!

But you got better...
www.drippycat.com - switchaball for iPhone, switchballHD for iPad

kevvvvv wrote:
I know how you feel.
:hug:

lets get that witch!!!!!!

:hihi:

it seems you did upset a good few members mate, i was not one of them,

:)

http://www.buddhanet.net/pdf_file/volition.pdf

In other words: to each their own. Hunting is by no means a noble act.

kevvvvv wrote:I've never made a public statement like this before, so here goes:

I'm sorry about all the mess as I have a lot of love for KVR and hate to see it dragged down for any reason.

KVR has been a great thing over the years, and has been at the leading-edge of music because us, the members, have wanted it so, and made it so.

We've all got reason to be proud of what we've helped to build.

As for me?

I'm not just a Mod. I'm a member too, probably longest-serving active member here.

It's obvious I love the place as much as anyone.

As such, I've got a strong distaste for witch hunts. Loathe them.

To see an incensed pack descend on one or two individuals is human behaviour at its worst.

The witch hunt that started everything off was a lengthy thread condemning Nexus and - here's the rub - no one had actually played it.

Anyway, I'm not here to discuss this now. Just to simply say what I saw through my eyes.

If you see my name around KVR, please remember:

> I genuinely regret all the recent trouble

> I genuinely loathe witch hunts

kev
No sweat Kevvvvv! 8)

fish. :)
--_ yup.... _--

In fact Kevvvvv, my only complain is that of all of the mods, you're THE most quiet one. I wish you had more time to post more.

Ace chap you are Kev -- no worries mate. :tu:

+1 :)
..what goes around comes around..

You regret, that's it? You don't feel that you overstepped the mark by deleting threads completely? Of course, its impossible to know whether or not you may have been justified because I never got to read any of the replies to my own thread and hadn't read anything at all on any of the others. But from what I've read since, there didn't seem to be anything happening that doesn't happen on dozens of threads every week that go completely unmoderated. So I'm left to decide whether I trust your judgement over that of several other members. Its a difficult position you've put yourself in. I can see nop justifiable reason to delete an entire thread if there was even one valid post, and my initial post was certainly valid and only peripherally about Nexus anyway.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I never really saw the need to get so worked up over deleting threads completely.. especially when nothing helpful was really coming out of them... only whining, anger, and grumbling..

---
but non seriously.. witch hunts? bleh.. what about warlock hunts? :P :hihi:

As much as I see your point, BONES (and I do), I'll have to side with kevvvvv here. Being a mod of a few forums myself, I definitely see the logic behind his viewpoint.

The whole thing is, you delete a post and then you have z complaining "why did you delete x's post? y's was much worse", and then the bickering starts. Pretty soon, it spirals out of control...

It's much easier and better in the long run to delete the whole thread and let the chips fall where they may. Fortunately, I've never been in that situation, but speaking as a mod I'd do exactly what kevvvvv did. It's a tough decision :( , but I think he made the right one.

ew
A spectral heretic...

Return to “Site Stuff”