NOT Good Enough

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BONES wrote:Tell me how that is a good thing for KVR?
No one thinks it is. Your enemy here is the wind. Spitting at him wont do much.

BONES is absolutely correct. The issue at hand leads *directly* to the over-all credibility of KVR. Sacrifice that and the value of KVR diminishes to both consumers and developers. Don't let this become the turning point that people cite in a few years when discussing 'What ever happened to KVR'.

Really, it's a big deal. Disavowing this fact is just poor business.
eccentric genius

"It's not my goddamned planet, monkeyboy"
-John Bigboote

Yeah BONES I get your point now too.

Marco :)

Not only that, but kevvvv is much more powerful than Ben!!!!!!!

:hihi:
I've joined Lurkers Anonymous.

This may sound crazy ironic - coming from the likes of me - but it's really time to let this go.

I've pm'd kevvvvv about coming forward to explain himself, and copied Ben on it. I also disclosed some information. So now, we just wait and give the guy a chance - who knows, maybe he's off on a two week vacation to Zimbabwe? At any rate, I trust Ben will deal with all this appropriately.

Let's get back to enjoying KVR. That's where I'm at.

Now if we can only get that "why does digital bass suck???" thread to die! :hihi:

1-2-Many wrote:Now if we can only get that "why does digital bass suck???" thread to die! :hihi:
--_ yup.... _--

kaden wrote:BONES is absolutely correct. The issue at hand leads *directly* to the over-all credibility of KVR. Sacrifice that and the value of KVR diminishes to both consumers and developers. Don't let this become the turning point that people cite in a few years when discussing 'What ever happened to KVR'.

Rubbish. KvR has no credibility, its a feckin internet forum. Deal with it, get over it, move on....its not like you have cancer and KvR is witholding the cure :roll:

yhea kvr is not real "community"
its just whining board of retired musicians

just look at this thread
wenn er tott ist ist er tott

Drago wrote:yhea kvr is not real "community"
its just whining board of retired musicians

just look at this thread
:hihi:

Personally I find KVR-soap very entertaining.

Kriminal wrote:
kaden wrote:BONES is absolutely correct. The issue at hand leads *directly* to the over-all credibility of KVR. Sacrifice that and the value of KVR diminishes to both consumers and developers. Don't let this become the turning point that people cite in a few years when discussing 'What ever happened to KVR'.

Rubbish. KvR has no credibility, its a feckin internet forum. Deal with it, get over it, move on....its not like you have cancer and KvR is witholding the cure :roll:

I was under the impression that the forum was just a part of the overall structure of KVR, what with all those other menu items listed over there on the left.

Seems silly for Muse to have sunk cash money into 'just a forum', dunnit?

Don't worry though...I'm sure you'll all continue to get on those Beta test lists.
eccentric genius

"It's not my goddamned planet, monkeyboy"
-John Bigboote

Kriminal wrote:

that's it, just waltz on in and shatter my dreams...you'll be telling me Santa isn't real next.

Kriminal wrote:

that's it, just waltz on in and shatter my dreams...you'll be telling me Santa isn't real next.

I'm kinda curious to know what 'rights' some people think they have on KVR? :shrug: No one (afaik) pays any money into Ben's server costs, or pays for the priveledge of posting here. The only people who do that are advertisers (including, shock-horror!, ReFX! oh-noes!!!).

fandango wrote:I'm kinda curious to know what 'rights' some people think they have on KVR? :shrug: No one (afaik) pays any money into Ben's server costs, or pays for the priveledge of posting here. The only people who do that are advertisers (including, shock-horror!, ReFX! oh-noes!!!).
Yet, the actual content is made up by the users.
Just getting to know which new plugins have been released isn't a biggie anymore, even with KVR still being the No.1 source.

So, when I'm looking for a certain plugin, some tips, some sampler, a sequencer - my first step usually isn't looking into the news, instruments or whatever sections, no, it's looking up the forum for comments and reading some reviews. Both are invaluable as they are made *for* users *by* users.

Without the user input, to me KVR would be just another news site.

So, in the end, the financial aspect of KVR might be covered by its sponsors, but the actual content of the site is "sponsored" by its users.

Regarding the very Nexus issue, I still wish kevvvvv would speak up, but I'm more or less over it myself though.
That however doesn't mean BONES doesn't make some fairly valid points. He defenitely does.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Return to “Site Stuff”