MODS: My thread is still in OT!!!

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?

Was the recent behavior of a certain mod egregious and intolerable?

Yes - I'm not OK with it - it engenders FISHyness on KVR - revoke him
55%
Yes - I say we Catch and Release this FISH
8%
Yes, but who cares. More FISH please.
8%
I don't care - you're boring, why can't you talk more about FISH
18%
No - No harm, no foul...unless he said something against FISH
13%

Total votes: 40

RELATED
PRODUCTS

VitaminD wrote:its just a web forum
:o :-o :o :shock:
"Most people who experiment with drugs are not lying in the streets, suffocating on their own vomit. If you want to see some of that, go to the Pub on Saturday night at closing time." ozwest

@ 1-2-Many.
It's near that 'special' time of year, have you tried writing to Santa about this? :wink: It might be your only hope :hihi:
RIP Black Tom and Beckett. They weren't just cats, they were MY cats, the best cats ever.

1-2-Many wrote:And Kevvvvv, you nutless wonder, why don't you be a man and clean up your own mess!?
For one who so vehemently preaches the boon of civility, nonsense like this seems rather adverse huh?

Yes advaya, but I'd had quite enough at that point - and this guy has yet to apologize, explain himself, or even own up to his deeds; depsite all the invitation to come clean, he remains silent.

He crossed the line, and in deleting those threads and moving others, displayed more allegiance to other parties than to the KvR community. If everyone can just idly stand by while this sort of thing happens, fine; but it hurts KVR. I know some people feel I'm being quite borish about all this. But I did sincerely try to redeem KVR's image and show that we could have a level headed and civil discussion on a plugin, after all the crap that went down and peaked with a dev leaving this community and pulling his forum. Sure, that was his choice, and people say he has issues of his own, whatever. He's still gone, and I don't think the first to leave. In the end, I guess he was right - things won't change here, unless the 5%, as he puts it, that ruin it for everyone else (devs and musicians) are dealt with.

And again, isn't it most telling that the Only thread trying to conduct a civil discussion is being treated in this manner?

People have slung insults at me about behaving childishly. Well isn't it more immature to stand by and poke fun and ridicule when there's a problem, rather than get involved and try to correct it.

I'm really done caring at this point, you all can swim about in your own poo if you like, but don't expect to be taken seriously by musicians or devs.

Hello Mods. Sorry to have to go here because I think you're all generally are good bunch, but I pm'd each of you about this problem, and the predominant attitude I recieved back was the blinding of eyes and the washing of hands. No one (excluding Bluedad) made any effort whatsoever to correct the situation, and most said they'd "pass it on". If any of you would even take the time to read through that thread you would see that it did/does not deserve to be in OT. This is simply kevvvvs personal issues being taken out.

I know I'm not making any friends here, but can someone just move my thread back? Or ban me, at this point I'm a little past caring. That's really all I'm after here - just move my thread back. It's now been 3 days in OT - what gives?! (maybe only kevvvvv can do that since he's the one who moved it in the first place? ).

I'm taking VitaminD's sage advice now, and stepping away from the computer - well at least KVR. I need some music therapy :)

Will someone just hurry up and ban him?

1-2-Many, I think you are being a little naive about this all. It's pretty obvious to me why you aren't getting any help moving that thread.

1) Who cares? There's a bunch of Nexus threads in Instruments now.

2) Your behaviour - you (and others) have jumped in and started out slagging off the modS quite viciously, and acting like KVR is some corrupt cesspool of censorship and fascism. Then when one of the mods involved admitted it, suddenly it's "oh you guys all do a great job". :roll: give me a break. I came into the thread originally to simply say "i've had nothing to do with this" and was accused and tarnished for no reason other than that I tried to give what little information I have. Not pleasent to say the least. :( (many thanks to the couple of members who stood up for me and other mods). When I received your PM asking for help I almost choked on the irony. Now you have this infantile thread that you keep bumping that is adding nothing to the conversation here. Enough. I'm locking it.

3) Finally, the mods are all basically equal, and dislike having to second-guess each other. Since the mod responsibile for moving threads has made himself known, it's up to him to move them back. I'm not going to second-guess his decision, much as I wouldn't like another mod second-guessing mine. If he moves them back, that's fine with me, but I'm not going to do it. Perhaps I would have more sympathy but this entire eposide has been utterly disgusting and frustrating to me, seeing all the KVR mods painted with the same pathetic brush as people make mindless accusations and assumptions, and it's hardly the first time. Not a way to get help or make friends. Sorry. I'm sick of seeing all the abuse the mods take around here, and this episode pretty much made me bottom out in terms of patience for this sort of crap. We work hard to give you guys a great forum and take nothing but grief for it 99% of the time.

So as this thread has more than run its couse and its adding nothing to the conversation I'm locking it. Cry censorship all you'd like. You've made it very clear you know who deleted the threads. The mod who moved the threads has made himself known. You know who to talk to if you want these resolved, and if they don't have much sympathy at this point I guess I can only say that I understand and I'm definately feeling pretty frustrated at the way people carry on here sometimes myself. As the old saying goes, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. An adage worth keeping in mind.

Return to “Site Stuff”