It Gets Even f**king Worse!

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote::o
i have no agenda!
Having no agenda is your agenda!
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Sascha Franck wrote:To me it quite often seems as if some regulars sort of define KVR as their personal playground, with only their opinions and moral standards being valid, and as soon as you don't agree with them you're called a f**king moron or whatever.
Or you're told you have a big ego, or you're treated like a leper, or you're called an idiot... :hihi:

Is it really so hard for some people? :shrug:

PS. Happy birthday, Ben. :)
Mizutaphile.

I was not going to post on any of these...but now I see the little #^&* has yet another screen name...I can only mute 20 people :x imo this sucks big time...I use to like him...but now this is just plain kissing the worthless jerks ass...how long do the members who have one screen name and obey the rules have sit back and watch this?...xmas or not we are going to lose members who bring quite a bit to the table over a brat...I just don't get it...if you're going to ban him then ban him...if you're going to keep looking the other way then let him stick to one screen name so we can mute him...personally I think that when you start another account your first one should be permanently blocked and those who keep playing this name change game should be banned once and for all...I'm sorry but over moderation on one subject and zero moderation on this....seems like someone has things backwards :bang:

rant over :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Man, all these new trolls are making me miss bucket. :hihi:

Hink wrote:I was not going to post on any of these...but now I see the little #^&* has yet another screen name...I can only mute 20 people :x imo this sucks big time...I use to like him...but now this is just plain kissing the worthless jerks ass...how long do the members who have one screen name and obey the rules have sit back and watch this?...xmas or not we are going to lose members who bring quite a bit to the table over a brat...I just don't get it...if you're going to ban him then ban him...if you're going to keep looking the other way then let him stick to one screen name so we can mute him...personally I think that when you start another account your first one should be permanently blocked and those who keep playing this name change game should be banned once and for all...I'm sorry but over moderation on one subject and zero moderation on this....seems like someone has things backwards :bang:

rant over :)
Who are you on about Hink?

1-2-Many wrote:Who are you on about Hink?
metronc/drago/ctmg, and prolly some more

calm down hink, its only a forum...

farlukar wrote:
1-2-Many wrote:Who are you on about Hink?
metronc/drago/ctmg, and prolly some more
yup add to that m_e_t_r_o_n_om, superallah et al ...
Nt that I give a f**k WHAT they all or about their agenda, the point is they take up bandwidth at kvr and make you feel less sure if the guy you're posting with is sincere...
cmtg being a *possible* exception if he finally stops acting the self-styled star troll..

Marco :roll:

And yes Hink , don't be so emotional over it, it's only the internet and people getting wound up is JUST what they're after..
Last edited by Bonteburg on Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

farlukar wrote:metronc/drago/ctmg, and prolly some more
to rephrase that a bit:
m_e_t_r_o_n_c=drago=ctmg, and he prolly has some more accounts

1-2-Many, I think you are being a little naive about this all. It's pretty obvious to me why you aren't getting any help moving that thread.

1) Who cares? There's a bunch of Nexus threads in Instruments now.

2) Your behaviour - you (and others) have jumped in and started out slagging off the modS quite viciously, and acting like KVR is some corrupt cesspool of censorship and fascism. Then when one of the mods involved admitted it, suddenly it's "oh you guys all do a great job". Rolling Eyes give me a break. I came into the thread originally to simply say "i've had nothing to do with this" and was accused and tarnished for no reason other than that I tried to give what little information I have. Not pleasent to say the least. Sad (many thanks to the couple of members who stood up for me and other mods). When I received your PM asking for help I almost choked on the irony. Now you have this infantile thread that you keep bumping that is adding nothing to the conversation here. Enough. I'm locking it.

3) Finally, the mods are all basically equal, and dislike having to second-guess each other. Since the mod responsibile for moving threads has made himself known, it's up to him to move them back. I'm not going to second-guess his decision, much as I wouldn't like another mod second-guessing mine. If he moves them back, that's fine with me, but I'm not going to do it. Perhaps I would have more sympathy but this entire eposide has been utterly disgusting and frustrating to me, seeing all the KVR mods painted with the same pathetic brush as people make mindless accusations and assumptions, and it's hardly the first time. Not a way to get help or make friends. Sorry. I'm sick of seeing all the abuse the mods take around here, and this episode pretty much made me bottom out in terms of patience for this sort of crap. We work hard to give you guys a great forum and take nothing but grief for it 99% of the time.

So as this thread has more than run its couse and its adding nothing to the conversation I'm locking it. Cry censorship all you'd like. You've made it very clear you know who deleted the threads. The mod who moved the threads has made himself known. You know who to talk to if you want these resolved, and if they don't have much sympathy at this point I guess I can only say that I understand and I'm definately feeling pretty frustrated at the way people carry on here sometimes myself. As the old saying goes, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. An adage worth keeping in mind.
Sorry, but I can't sit by and let this fly. Much said in Muff's closing post is neither fair nor balanced towards me, or my behavior. Anyone who would like to review the record of my posts on this matter can see that for themselves (this thread is a good start). He lumped all the crap currently going on, on my head; probably because I was making the most noise at the time (about my thread being unduly moved). I pm'd Muff hoping that he would clarify his statements, but he was a bit upset at that point, so it was a case of deaf ears.

At no time did I ever personally attack Muff, (or any other mod, except kevvvv). I did not accuse or tarnish him (Muff) in any way. (and despite our recent 'misunderstandin' I still think he's a decent guy, if only a bit confused and overworked ;) ) The person who deleted those three NEXUS threads has still to come forward and explain himself, or even own it. The mod who moved my thread to OT (same person), DID NOT come forward, and still it languishes in OT (WHich is fine by me, just a perfect example of how screwed up things are). I also have come forward here with solid evidence of how I KNOW it was kevvvv who deleted those NEXUS threads (pm me Ben if you care to have it). To everyone else, I can say no more about that, sorry.

So if you (The KVR collective council of Who's who)chose to pin all the recent troubles on me, and make me the one responsible, go ahead... Kill the messenger, eh?

PS - It's pretty sad to me, that having been a solid member of this forum for close to three years now, and truly feeling as if I've made some friends here, that no one has come to my defense.
Last edited by 1-2-Many on Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anyone would think this was real life and actually mattered

slainte ;) rob

pHz wrote:anyone would think this was real life
Aw cmon you're not going to tell me that meatspace is "real life" right?

pHz wrote:anyone would think this was real life and actually mattered

slainte ;) rob
Indeed mate :lol:

A profound statement it is on the current state of human social welfare, that some see their *Cyber-ego* as so personally affecting... :shrug:

Cheers,
Alex ;)

Go ahead - kick me when I'm down.

Dismiss me as a whiny ass baby.

It's much easier that way, isn't it?

1-2-Many wrote:PS - It's pretty sad to me, that having been a solid member of this forum for close to three years now, and truly feeling as if I've made some friends here, that no one has come to my defense.
Not to worry. I just think that 'defense' really shouldn't be an issue, that this whole thing is overblown, and that saying "kevvvv is dick" (or whomever is the culprit du jour) and moving on is probably a sufficient resolution to this whole thing.

Instead, we have a spiraling escalation of conflict, and anyone who jumps into this thing in the middle without having been present and read all the past (and deleted) threads will be thinking "1-2-Many is being a dick".

Not me, though. I just see this stuff and think, "Another day on an Internet forum." I maintain the opinion that people sometimes get too invested in a crusade past the time it no longer matters. I've been guilty of that myself, so I can see you do it and still think you're a solid guy that contributes positively to the mix. If other mods *don't* see it that way, then they're dicks too. ;)

Bottom line, though: since all mods are peers, it's a deadlock and thus up to Ben to resolve.
Go ahead - kick me when I'm down. Dismiss me as a whiny ass baby.
Naah, just a kind word that I've been there myself and think you should let it go: it's a matter of diminishing returns at this point. What would 'winning' get you, anyway? In a week or two nobody is going to care either way.

- m
Markleford's band, The James Rocket: http://www.TheJamesRocket.com/
Markleford's tracks: http://www.markleford.com/music/
Markleford's free MFX, DXi2, DR-008 modules: http://www.TenCrazy.com/

Return to “Site Stuff”