It Gets Even f**king Worse!

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
ctmg
Banned
167 posts since 10 Dec, 2006

Post Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:43 pm

eduardo_b wrote:I think it's rather positive that so many have shown an interest in the integrity of the way KVR is administered and moderated. In the end this will make KVR even better, although it might not always seem that way.
Needs more. Any forum (except maybe some smaller company forums) are very social. Lookit KVR's huge "Off-Topic" forum, or pretty much the entirety of DOA. Its something that is unavoidable and at the same time beautiful. Problems arise when those who are there to keep things in check are not up with the social aspect of the forum. That creates problems. The problem with KVR (minus trolls, lets ignore those for a moment) is that the larger part of the mods (and I include the admin in that set) is not up on the social aspect. The better half of our mods are great mods not only because they are a large part of the social side of KVR (some maybe more than others, but thats not something to rank people on), but also because they are very upstanding, honest, and objective in their duty.

Some other mods aren't, and it shows.

This is why I've been trying to get people to jump over the Gersic forums. While theres not much there to keep track of yet, Tom has already shown to be pretty receptive to the social side of things. Of course, its always easy when theres only a few people, but he doesn't seem to be going the "bad way" ;).

Ok, enough BS talk from me for a few days :D

EDIT 1: added a name
EDIT 2: took out all names. It was rather stupid of me to mention any in the first plce.
Last edited by ctmg on Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

pHz
The Teach
8266 posts since 23 Jul, 2002 from flatness

Post Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:47 pm

arke wrote:Location: Hiding from Ben[KVR]
and doing a piss-poor job chris

slainte ;) rob

ctmg
Banned
167 posts since 10 Dec, 2006

Post Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:24 pm

pHz wrote:
arke wrote:Location: Hiding from Ben[KVR]
and doing a piss-poor job chris

slainte ;) rob
;)

User avatar
BONES
GRRRRRRR!
9033 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Post Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:19 pm

Cryogenic wrote:Oh how f**king noble. BONED did it for the newbies. :roll:
What the f**k does that mean? Have a look around, pal. I do at least as much for everyone as any other person here. Do I need to make a list for you?
Does this crusade and arguments against one-sided-info about Nexus, or whatever, translate to ORION too?
Again, what the f**k are you on about? I've never been anything but honest and forthright about ORION or any other host. If you don't think that's the case, feel free to show me an example of anywhere I've said anythign that wasn't 100% accurate about it.
eduardo_b wrote:I think it's rather positive that so many have shown an interest in the integrity of the way KVR is administered and moderated. In the end this will make KVR even better, although it might not always seem that way.
Its not dissimilar to what happenned over changes to the policy on reviewing software. I have complete faith in Ben and his desire to be fair and impartial, its just that I'm sure his masters keep him busy so it might take a few days. But, as you say, it is heartening to see so many involved in the discussion.
NOVAkILL 4.0 : Dell G7 17 (Core i7, 8GB RAM, Win10), UR44C, Cubase, DUNE, Thorn, TRK-01, Equator, Hive, Substance, Arcsyn, Aparillo, Straylight, Quanta, Trueno, Analog Keys, MicroMonsta, Uno, Skulpt, Craft 2.

User avatar
bluedad
something special
8466 posts since 16 Mar, 2002 from Birmingham, Alabama

Post Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:26 pm

ctmg wrote: Muff Wiggler, Meffy, pHz are great mods simply because they are a large part of the social side of KVR. Other mods (I won't name names) aren't, and it shows.
:cry:

User avatar
1-2-Many
KVRAF
2852 posts since 23 Feb, 2004 from Planet Earth...for now

Post Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:04 pm

That's OK bluedad, I noticed the glaring omission of your name too :tu: bluedad rocks! (Thanks for your efforts BTW)

VitaminD
Pick Me Pick me!
8799 posts since 12 Mar, 2002 from a state of confusion

Post Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:53 pm

bluedad wrote:
ctmg wrote: Muff Wiggler, Meffy, pHz are great mods simply because they are a large part of the social side of KVR. Other mods (I won't name names) aren't, and it shows.
:cry:

you ARE bluedad afterall.. :P he was just giving you more material for new songs..


*duh-duh da-duh* A Mod I am *duh-duh da-duh* on k-v-r *duh-duh da-duh* and all the peoples forget me *duh-duh da-duh* aint no superstar *duh-duh da-duh* -- yeah they cryin bout plugins *duh-duh da-duh* yeah they think the price too high *duh-duh da-duh* and whining about modding *duh-duh da-duh* when all I do is try *duh-duh da-duh* try, try, tryyy... to do good bye and byeeeeeeee. *duh duhh duhhh da-duh duh daduhhhh* I got the bluesss... the kvr mod bluessss....
"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best." - Henry Van Dyke

adj
KVRAF
2356 posts since 24 Jan, 2001 from In your head...

Post Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:20 pm

bluedad wrote:
ctmg wrote: Muff Wiggler, Meffy, pHz are great mods simply because they are a large part of the social side of KVR. Other mods (I won't name names) aren't, and it shows.
:cry:
Gary :hug: Soul bro ;)


Cheers,
Alex :)

ctmg
Banned
167 posts since 10 Dec, 2006

Post Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:48 pm

bluedad wrote:
ctmg wrote: Muff Wiggler, Meffy, pHz are great mods simply because they are a large part of the social side of KVR. Other mods (I won't name names) aren't, and it shows.
:cry:
hmm ok that requires an apology from me, especially since you came completely clean about your mistake. :hug: sorry :oops:. To the edit-mobile!

But yeah, others .... :x
Last edited by ctmg on Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

jens
KVRAF
19705 posts since 12 Jul, 2003 from West Caprazumia

Post Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:54 pm

ctmg wrote:
But yeah, others .... :x
Manytone? Griels? Markleford? :?

Sascha Franck
KVRAF
12546 posts since 14 Nov, 2000 from Hannover / Germany

Post Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:29 am

I believe that all mods but one are doing a great job here.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

ctmg
Banned
167 posts since 10 Dec, 2006

Post Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:53 am

Regarding their regular mod duty, yes, all mods but one are doing a great job. But with regards to keeping up with the social side, I think theres a few others as well. But of course, we mere mortals can't actually see who does what, so I may as well be talking out of my ass (again).

Gonna go to the edit mobile and edit out names, because I named too many already.

adj
KVRAF
2356 posts since 24 Jan, 2001 from In your head...

Post Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:11 am

Sascha Franck wrote:I believe that all mods but one are doing a great job here.
Sascha, you know, that's a very provocative statement mate. I hope you say it with good, solid reason or this whole *exorcism* could turn out to be a *witch-burning*. :|

*This whole exercise is, after all, an *exorcism* of the demon damned, righto? :shrug:

So it seems,
Cheers,
Alex 8)
Last edited by adj on Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sascha Franck
KVRAF
12546 posts since 14 Nov, 2000 from Hannover / Germany

Post Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:16 am

adj wrote: Sascha, you know, that's a very provocative statement mate. I hope you say it with good, solid reason or this whole *exorcism* could turn out to be a *witch-burning*. :|
No witch-burning or whatever intended. I think, by now we all know whom I am talking about.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

crazed one
KVRian
1348 posts since 3 May, 2003 from California USA

Post Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:18 am

Image

Return to “Site Stuff”