It Gets Even f**king Worse!

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

because that will fix the problem.

Chris Roberson wrote:
The Chase wrote:
Chris Roberson wrote:Won't sell it to me? Fine, i've got BitTorrent. I'll tell my friends the same.

I'm a fair and loyal customer, now be a fair and loyal vendor.
wait...what?
Fair and loyal until they screw me over, that is. ;)

I pay my favorite developers strictly legitimate, but when someone wants to deliberately screw me, I can return the favor tenfold.
Not cool Chris. All you do then by pirating the bad dev's stuff is encourage others to pirate from everyone else too. :smack:

Just do the best thing and spread the word on tha bastards and don't buy their shite anymore. ;)

Cheers & Hang the Fascist Nazi c**ts,
Alex 8)

manytone wrote:Well if you are looking for Mods to account for their action.... I can assure you all that I never touched 1 post or thread relating to this issue.
I'm not, I'm looking for one seemingly gutless mod to own up to his actions.
But that said, some of the content I read did need Moderating guys, maybe whomever moderated it just handled it a bit abruptly. We all learn from our actions, as Gary even has in this episode.
At least you got to read it which is more than I did [and I started one of the threads]. There is a big difference between moderating and excising from history. I have absolutely no problem with threads being locked and/or moved to a more appropriate forum but deleting a thread that, AFAIK contained nothing that hundreds of other, untampered with, threads is not acceptable.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

The thing for me isn't so much whether this particular thread was worthy or not. It might have become an utter nonsense thread.
But mods deleting threads on their own will, rather than following the KVR guidelines themselves gives me very little trust in any of their actions.
This can't be any good for KVR, which, as someone said, is largely worth its existance by the user input.
If it only was some "what was released when" site, it's not tough to find out via other resources.

I do agree that sometimes certain members (probably myself included) should tone down a bit and also think a bit whether what they're having to add is really worth pressing "submit reply", yet, this doesn't justify deleting entire threads (unless it's the usual spam stuff).

Personally, I don't understand the hype about Nexus (be it good or bad hype), I mean, it's just one out of myriads of instruments, but if it causes that sort of heated discussion because the programmer often acts like a brainless prick, then be it so. I for one like to be informed about such things as well, because I also base my purchase decisions on how a company behaves. Such information might be worth as much as the actual product.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Well, Gary and Paul fronted up. Gary admitted what he did, and I can accept his apologies and mistakes -- he's a good chap and a great musician. So what else is there?

Is there another mod suspect?

Modness can corrupt it seems -- especially if the person elevated to such priviledged status abuses his power -- kinda like an Idi Amin or Saddam type character with no morals or personal ethics and greasey hair with bad breath and pimples too. Do we have those here? Let's de-ball the wretched little wanker and administer true justice on behalf of all the wee folk what hath been trampled upon by this unscrupulous, unworthy at best and unsuited for the job, mod-person. :shrug:

Death,
Alex :tu:

Twasn't me. Nexus ain't my kind of thing (not that it should matter), and even if it had been, I didn't see anything that would have riled me :?
Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.

adj wrote:Modness can corrupt it seems -- especially if the person elevated to such priviledged status abuses his power -- kinda like an Idi Amin or Saddam type character with no morals or personal ethics and greasey hair with bad breath and pimples too. Do we have those here? Let's de-ball the wretched little wanker and administer true justice on behalf of all the wee folk what hath been trampled upon by this unscrupulous, unworthy at best and unsuited for the job, mod-person. :shrug:
Death,
Alex :tu:
ill get me coat

slainte :( rob

Bwahahaha!! :lol:

Rob -- 'twas you lad? You're joking yeah? :shock:

OK -- so we administer a very slight beating in light of your past noble service to 'The State', and thus, in further consideration of your years of valuable service, we hereby withold such penalty and adjudicate that henceforth your KVR pension be revoked and that all ranks, titles, offices and priviledges of such be also revoked. :)

As Judged This Day,
Alex D'James, Esq-1 8)

adj wrote:Rob -- 'twas you lad? You're joking yeah? :shock:
joking ? me ?

yeah - i was - i had nothing to do with modding any of the nexus threads (the plugin doesnt interest me so until all this blew up i hadnt really read any of them

certainly had no idea what had gone on until i received a couple of PMs from various people

slainte :shrug: rob

Oh how f**king noble. BONED did it for the newbies. :roll:

Does this crusade and arguments against one-sided-info about Nexus, or whatever, translate to ORION too?
History is full of two kinds of people.

pHz wrote:
adj wrote:Rob -- 'twas you lad? You're joking yeah? :shock:
joking ? me ?

yeah - i was - i had nothing to do with modding any of the nexus threads (the plugin doesnt interest me so until all this blew up i hadnt really read any of them

certainly had no idea what had gone on until i received a couple of PMs from various people

slainte :shrug: rob
A strange set of happenings indeed mate. Ominous and volatile forces seem to be on overtime. :|

Cheers,
Alex 8)

So, we still haven't heard from either Ben or kevvvvv on the matter yet...
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

The Chase wrote:Image
f**king great!! IM gonna call that one a classic!!
link to my Asspace page(Myspace) This has become a necessary evil http://www.myspace.com/worldofshit1

Cryogenic wrote:Oh how f**king noble. BONED did it for the newbies. :roll:

Does this crusade and arguments against one-sided-info about Nexus, or whatever, translate to ORION too?
Maybe it wouldn't have bothered him as much if the refx guy had just said something like 'well I don't work with it that way so I really don't see the point of anyone wanting it any other way either'

Sascha Franck wrote:The thing for me isn't so much whether this particular thread was worthy or not. It might have become an utter nonsense thread.
But mods deleting threads on their own will, rather than following the KVR guidelines themselves gives me very little trust in any of their actions.
This can't be any good for KVR, which, as someone said, is largely worth its existance by the user input.
If it only was some "what was released when" site, it's not tough to find out via other resources.
I think it's rather positive that so many have shown an interest in the integrity of the way KVR is administered and moderated. In the end this will make KVR even better, although it might not always seem that way.
We escape the trap of our own subjectivity by
perceiving neither black nor white but shades of grey

Return to “Site Stuff”