collaboration link?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

a idea occured to me that might be a handy site addition: an optional collaboration link on the left side of our posts.

here's what im thinking...

if you're interested in collaborating with other members, you go into your user profile and turn on the collaboration option, which will display a link in the left side of your posts (along with pm, www, etc.) that indicates the interest. additionally, you'd fill in some extra areas in your profile that included links to several of your songs and a space where you can write a brief bit on your music, what you're looking for in a collaboration, etc.

so when someone clicks on your collab link, they will be taken to a page with the links to your music, they can read about what you've got in mind, and then they can just pm you if they are interested in discussing a project.

the thought occured to me because i recently made a post in the cafe to find some collaborators. while this worked for me and i've got a collaboration arranged now, i suspect there are a lot of people on the site who might be interested in collaborating with other members but havent made a post in the cafe about it. sure you can send someone a pm if you hear something in the cafe that you like, but it would be helpful to know ahead of time if they are even interested in collaborating right now. ...and thats only if you've caught their cafe posts before, or if they've ever even posted any tracks.

so perhaps providing an optional link+info of this sort could get more members collaborating with each other.

just a thought. :)

-ugo

Wow I just got done posting a retardedly long rant about collaborating on my auditorium artist forum then came over here because I'd never noticed that the upper-lefthand
KVR logo changes color every time you hit refresh - which certainly makes me in the
minority, so it occured to me to come look at the site forum for once.

And I find this‽‽‽
ugo, that is too cool.

Return to “Site Stuff”