Intended audience??

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just wondering what the intended audience for the Wiki is. Novices, experts, inbetweenies or all??

Reason I ask is that the entries should reflect that target (i.e. simplified for the noobs, like me, or technical for the experts).

A suggestion would be to have each topic in three parts: the first a general overview, the second a simplified explanation and the third perhaps more technical, or real world examples. I appreciate that this would entail considerably more work, so perhaps I'm asking too much.

As an example, in the "Attack" topic, the emphasis is on generic envelopes, which is correct, but perhaps not broad enough as any sound has an attack portion, and it is easier to visualize/auralize that than an mathmatical line. Also, the swell example is valid, but, as attacks can be negative, not completely accurate. (There is also a small typo in parameter...sorry for being pedantic)

Can images be used? If so, they would certainly help to visualize concepts, etc.

This is a grat idea, however, and something that I wished was around before I spent $$ on a bunch of books!
Want to change your additive synth into an addictive one? You just need 5000 Cs!

I'm mostly adding to the Wiki so I can review my notes, read my textbook, and actually see if I understand things like the difference between bit rate and depth.
"People on forums are dicks."

This is a grat idea, however, and something that I wished was around before I spent $$ on a bunch of books!

well read them and share info, also any topics in those books you dont understand completely, add a page and see whats added, it may be that someone else can explain it in terms you understand.

i guess its target audience is anybody interested in audio, at the moment as its a new thing there isnt much, but if each one of us when we learn something new add even a sentence it will become a fountain of knowledge in no time :D

and yes pics are doable, theres a 64kb(i think)size limit tho :)

I think it is mostly for anyone. Wikis are about revision, so once you get a complicated answer, go about refining it to be easier for neophytes. Likewise, lay down a simple point, and let someone build it up.

It's really just there to collect the bits of stuff we all know, and compile the good stuff we've written in the forums. Trouble with the forums is that they are essentially conversations, so move around far too much and fill up too fast to be reliable resource material. The wiki can fill that role.

DELETED

Return to “Site Stuff”