Title Changed Cos Ben Is A Nice Geezer And I Was Drunk.

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

manytone wrote:Keep it in the family.
i think that is a motto down south ....no Bluedad?
:-)
don't ask me..according to my wife, I'm still a
yankee.

I'm only half a moderator that spends most of his time administering the oft-headache-inducing contests. But I think they're worth it.

Otherwise, I try to keep the Music Cafe focused on music, will relocate threads that seem to start in the wrong section, consolidate redundant threads (generally when news is released, 3-4 "did you see X product?" threads will begin simultaneously), will dump politics to HPC, and lock and report spam/ad threads to Ben (who nukes the perps).

I *have* locked a Mac vs PC debate or two that has spun (predictably) out of control, because they just end up with name-calling because People On The Opposing Platform Are Obviously Morons.

But the little bits? People should be able to work that out amongst themselves in a responsible fashion without hand-holding from mods or taking it upon themselves to bring out the flamethrowers, double-barrel style. I know it's hard sometimes because KVR's average age seems to be dropping all the time (we used to be the old fogeys, mostly!), and those school kids are so damn, well, *immature*... ;)

- m
Markleford's band, The James Rocket: http://www.TheJamesRocket.com/
Markleford's tracks: http://www.markleford.com/music/
Markleford's free MFX, DXi2, DR-008 modules: http://www.TenCrazy.com/

bluedad wrote:according to my wife, I'm still a yankee.
I know whereof you speak, sir. Lived in V'ginyah since 1959, so I'm starting to be considered a proper Southerner. :-D

Why not make rabbyt a mod?

He's here most every day.
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

can I get the new 'getting started'-forum then?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote:can I get the new 'getting started'-forum then?
One of the reasons I suggested more mods wasnt because I thought there should be more moderation, but because sometimes there just dont seem to be any around. And presumably by the time they do actually show up (a) they've got a large 'backlog' of PMs, and (b)half the PMs they've got have been sent to someone else who's already dealt with it.

However what jens has said above seems like a possible approach; mods covering specific forums, possibly more geared up to 'litter duty' ie clearing out the spam, and stopping the more obvious abuses et.c. thus reducing the overhead on the site mods.
OFFICIAL free competition : If you' see martiu post 'why you mad homie' or similar after this post, you are a prizewinner, and a free reverb plugin is yours. PM martiu immediately, and ask for your prize. He'll give it to you, baby!

jens wrote:can I get the new 'getting started'-forum then?
Can we have a 'Don't get me started' forum? It could site there with HPC as a double barrelled flame thrower zone, with an automated clean out of anythread that doesn't get touched for a week..

DSP

Ben: I just want to say thanks, don't give it up! :love:

Been coming here a long time now, pretty much every day (especially when at work), and whilst I do think the flame/trolling has gone up, my personal philosphy is just ignore. Without oxygen the flames go out.

Either that or I'm very lazy.
Judging by most post count... :D

Although I did re-register in 2002 and I had at least 3 posts before that. :hihi:
I span the genres, they call me the genre spanner.

Can I mod please with my new

gif?

Actually I really don't want to mod. Just messing.

ahh Pierluigi Collina - now there's a fair man if ever I saw one - shem he has retired!

opinions are like arseholes, banned from everywhere else...:?

whyterabbyt wrote: mods covering specific forums, possibly more geared up to 'litter duty' ie clearing out the spam, and stopping the more obvious abuses et.c. thus reducing the overhead on the site mods.
seems to be a logical solution to me as well - also I think different people have different strengths and interests - so which forum they are moderating should maybe reflect that... - I was serious about the 'getting started'-forum b.t.w. as terms such as '303' 'Virus' and 'best' doesn't cause any anger or frustration within me... :hihi: - so I probably could cope with the newbies in a calmer way than many of the other regulars... :)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

heh
I can see it now - jens and whyterabbyt as mods.

Problem being - we would then need mods to moderate the mods.

:P :P

Paul

:hihi: :oops:

who polices the police? :shrug:

Return to “Site Stuff”