So who won the Acid Pro 8 "giveaway"?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Once again, I see that KVR hasn't revealed whether there has been any winner at all for a "giveaway."

Here are exact quotes from the KVR giveaway rulebook:

“The winner will be chosen at random from all eligible entries and will be notified within 14 days of winning via email or phone. “

“The giveaway contest begins on Mon, 
24 Sep 2018 04:01:01 +0000 and closes at Thu, 01 Nov 2018 03:59:59 +0000. “

“Winners will be posted on KVRaudio.com and our affiliated social media, as well as those of our promotional partners. By entering this giveaway you consent to allowing us to use your name and location when posting about the giveaway winner. “

If the winner was informed by Nov. 14, then how come we're not hearing about it by 5 days later? Who won?

did you enter?

Wow, after being spanked with a temporary suspension from KVR, and having my reasonable, honest question shoved out there to the Faroe Islands of forums, I still don't see an answer to my question: So who won the Acid Pro 8 "giveaway"? Is there just no need for KVR to be accountable for its promises to announce winners? What's up?

I entered only because I never win anything. But I don't remember seeing an announced winner and I'm here every day. Did we just miss the official announcement or was there a mass e-mailing or ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Brother Greg wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:13 amhaving my reasonable, honest question shoved out there to the Faroe Islands of forums
If "shoved out there to the Faroe Islands of forums" means put (repeatedly) in the place where questions about the site and problems with the site or how it is run go, the place where they're most likely to be seen by those who can answer and/or deal with them, this is correct.

That said, I completely agree that it is a reasonable question. It's kind of ridiculous that it hasn't been answered (unless it has and we've all three missed it).
No longer a moderator.

D.H. Miltz wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:28 am
Brother Greg wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:13 amhaving my reasonable, honest question shoved out there to the Faroe Islands of forums
If "shoved out there to the Faroe Islands of forums" means put (repeatedly) in the place where questions about the site and problems with the site or how it is run go, the place where they're most likely to be seen by those who can answer and/or deal with them, this is correct.

That said, I completely agree that it is a reasonable question. It's kind of ridiculous that it hasn't been answered (unless it has and we've all three missed it).
Wait--aren't you a mod? I'm not trying to be snarky, but wouldn't you know...or be able to find out? Or am I missing something here?

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

I am a mod, but we're just volunteer janitors. Contests and other non-forum stuff (e.g., reviews) aren't within our purview. I have no greater ability to find out than any other KVR member (I could post or PM Ben like anyone else can, but that's it).
No longer a moderator.

D.H. Miltz wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:02 am I am a mod, but we're just volunteer janitors. Contests and other non-forum stuff (e.g., reviews) aren't within our purview. I have no greater ability to find out than any other KVR member (I could post or PM Ben like anyone else can, but that's it).
Ah, got it. Thanks.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Ahh, dammit, was not registered then yet! Would love to have taken part!

Unexpectedly this thread is a bit of a ban and suspension fest.

Return to “Site Stuff”